The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poser or Biker, rate yourself

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 PM
ffatboy03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't reaaly give a crap what I am or what people think I am. Whether I ride 2 miles or 200 miles. For me, it's theraputic to just be in the wind.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
bruder
Cruiser

I rate myself as myself.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:52 AM
jarhead59
Tourer

I like the question. Makes me look in the mirror. No one wants to be a BIKER more than I do. but at the end of the day, I can walk in a bikers footsteps but I can never actually put his boots on. Kinda makes me sad, and probably makes me a poser. the things I wear and the things I do are not based on what I want others to think , but just what has has worked for me after years of riding, and because someone said there would be prostitutes.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:01 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I pose with my bike, sometimes.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been called a biker, but I'm not sure where I fall. Not a poser for sure, I figure ultimately I'm just a rider.

I don't like dealership t-shirts and I'm really not big on brand labels on much of anything. I ride the bike as often as is possible/reasonable. I do all my own maintenance and modifications, and am more concerned with go than show. I think for myself and make decisions based on that, not the current trend. I'm not some respect-demanding tough guy. I'm not a HOG member and I don't have a club. I pretty much keep to myself and my small circle of friends (most of whom don't ride).

Not sure what that qualifies me as, but it's me.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a burned out stoner that rides a Harley.......

Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

For the people taking this question seriously, tip.... DON'T. Com'on folks, have fun with it. Make up reasons why you ARE a poser. Laugh a little.

Cause in the end, unless you are putting on your Silent Skulls vest, cruising highschools to try and impress 15 year olds while dodging anyone else one a bike, you aren't a poser. You're just another guy or gal on your bike having fun.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
jetboy
Novice

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
I grew up around "real" bikers and I can honestly say that I am no biker. I'm not a poser either because I do not want to be a biker nor am I trying to pass myself off as one. I am just a guy who loves his Harley and loves to ride it weeeeeee!
Same here! I grew up around the HD dealership and pretty much seen it all. There were guys that look like your family doctor that were hard core bikers and there were guys you would not want to dare eyeball that were regular joes playing the part... I say ride your scoot, be yourself and if the term fits, then it fits.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
jetboy
Novice

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
For the people taking this question seriously, tip.... DON'T. Com'on folks, have fun with it. Make up reasons why you ARE a poser. Laugh a little.

Cause in the end, unless you are putting on your Silent Skulls vest, cruising highschools to try and impress 15 year olds while dodging anyone else one a bike, you aren't a poser. You're just another guy or gal on your bike having fun.
LOL true!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 AM
pcbertsch
Tourer

Neither, just me. Like my riding gear, but only for riding. Got a few riding buddies that are with a couple of clubs, but like I told them "I'm not into anything that distracts me from the bike, wife, kids, and grandkids."

Quick Reply: Poser or Biker, rate yourself