The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poser or Biker, rate yourself

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MJR28
I suppose I'm a poser.
You have twice the posts in half the time as me, you are in full poseur mode.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 PM
ErikElvis
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess Im a poser. I try to not wear black. dont wear any harley shirts and i wear sneakers when I ride. I do need to pick up a leather jacket though.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 AM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im a poser get with the program and buy a fake leather jacket haha

Old 06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
shineola
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

i have not been riding harleys all that long ( 1985 ) but I had all the shirts ,black boots ...etc. My leather has no harley patches and now days I TRY Not to where anything tha says harley on it... I guess it seems a bit over the top with all the over priced harley crap.....poser i guess

Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 PM
chromedome09
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm correct answer for me is neither. not a poser, no longer live the biker life sorta.. I still ride a lot. Yes I even ride in the rain .. I ride every workday M-F, but I no longer look the part, or dress the part, or act the part. I have the knowledge (rebuilt quite a few bikes down through the years, and was a patch holder). Now I spend my time helping others, working in my church, I even teach Sunday school now. I don't drink/drugs anymore, or hang out in bars (spent most of my life in em). Part of me is still drawn to the biker life. I still have friends that are in different clubs around town. I still ride with them once in awhile. So I guess I am a ex-biker wanna be poser? I am not into the fashion stuff. Don't care what you wear either. Don't feel the need to state what I usually wear. We meet up sometime and ride you'll see then.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So after reading all this I guess pretty much anybody that just rides a motorcycle and not a Hells Angel or other 1% club is poser then?
I'm cool with that. Proud to be a poser!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:29 PM
2%er OG
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

POSSSSSSER! Hell I only got the dam thing because I heard it was a babe magnet. guess I Should of listened closer, All I can figure is must of just got the wrong polarity.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:16 PM
cldiver
Cruiser

I'm confused as to where to draw the line between biker and poser. I think my confusion begins with what does the term "biker "mean. To me, it has a negative image, drugs, violence..etc. Poser also has a negative image, some guy who buys the "right" bike and gear but really doesn't ride much, actually prefers to park in popular areas to show off his gear and bike, and talk about bikes with like minded people.

The "biker" image doesn't suit me at all but I ride the "right" type of bike...alot. I don't wear any particular gear and rarely stop in the popular areas to talk to people about bikes or riding so my image of a poser doesn't fit me either. I would like to have some people to ride with and that would involve stopping at popular areas and talking about our bikes and stuff

I must be somewhere in the middle and I have no idea what term to use to describe this position... I'll bet I'm not alone.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:18 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member

I think you pretty much just described about 75% of the people who own motorcycles who are not 'bikers' and not 'posers' either.

Originally Posted by cldiver
I'm confused as to where to draw the line between biker and poser. I think my confusion begins with what does the term "biker "mean. To me, it has a negative image, drugs, violence..etc. Poser also has a negative image, some guy who buys the "right" bike and gear but really doesn't ride much, actually prefers to park in popular areas to show off his gear and bike, and talk about bikes with like minded people.

The "biker" image doesn't suit me at all but I ride the "right" type of bike...alot. I don't wear any particular gear and rarely stop in the popular areas to talk to people about bikes or riding so my image of a poser doesn't fit me either. I would like to have some people to ride with and that would involve stopping at popular areas and talking about our bikes and stuff

I must be somewhere in the middle and I have no idea what term to use to describe this position... I'll bet I'm not alone.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

It really is such a sliding scale. Compared to my neighbor who rides his Suzuki on weekends, could be a biker, but compared to former neighbor who was busted cooking meth and rode in 20 degree weather because he didn't have a car, I'm not even close. I'm definately between poser and wannabe I guess.

Quick Reply: Poser or Biker, rate yourself