The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enough of the Posers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:20 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

For those of you that haven't caught on..... we're just messin with ya. It's all in fun, relax, enjoy the ribbing you give and get.
Honestly, nobody cares what you wear or ride (they really don't) but if you do we're gonna keep messin with ya.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Tin Man_1996
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's really simple formula...respect others until they have disrespected you...learn about your motorcycle (at least the basics)...and have enough self confidence to not give a **** what others think. Internet cowboys are annoying, but they are not going away anytime soon.

Respects,

Tin Man

Old 03-06-2011, 01:25 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,797 Likes on 22,740 Posts

[QUOTE=O.F.;8009364][quote=Faast Ed;8009310]That's because you have stumbled into the nerd computergeek segment of Harley riders. They are more into the lifestyle and appearances, and less into the ride.

Not just here but anywhere a biker group congregates these days. Case in point - I took my first ride this past Fall (on my brandy new Wide Glide) with the local HOG group. It was November so I was dressed head to toe in leather as I always have for 40 years of riding. First the looks...then I got questions like, is this your first bike? first Harley? blah, blah, blah...People just need to compare dick sizes I guess...

I ride solo...
Many HD owners are snobs.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:26 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,526 Likes on 8,459 Posts

Originally Posted by airforceacop
This is my first Post, I've read so much on this web site about RUBS, POSERS, vs Bikers........ my thoughts are If you ride with a Outlaw Club the rest of us are posers......why does there need to be such discussion about who or what a poser is ....and really most people sound like little high schools girls when talking about " omg I can't believe he was wearing those chaps or can you believe he was wearing everything off the rack from the dealership...Who gives a flying truck.....why can't it be...you have a bike......you ride......you don't get as much seat time as you would like.....for what ever reason ...job, life, family....your a biker. Some guys wanna ride to be seen, some wanna ride thousands of miles, some want to be bad asses, so be it......they're are all bikers because they all ride for there own reasons...Or is this site that full of 1%ers that any one who just enjoys the sport of Riding for pleasure and wears a black leather jacket is shot at for all they do....seems likes there is a holyer than thou air around here.
You think that's bad? Stick around and see what we do to "cops" around here!!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
hdridernate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by airforceacop
This is my first Post, I've read so much on this web site about RUBS, POSERS, vs Bikers........ my thoughts are If you ride with a Outlaw Club the rest of us are posers......why does there need to be such discussion about who or what a poser is ....and really most people sound like little high schools girls when talking about " omg I can't believe he was wearing those chaps or can you believe he was wearing everything off the rack from the dealership...Who gives a flying truck.....why can't it be...you have a bike......you ride......you don't get as much seat time as you would like.....for what ever reason ...job, life, family....your a biker. Some guys wanna ride to be seen, some wanna ride thousands of miles, some want to be bad asses, so be it......they're are all bikers because they all ride for there own reasons...Or is this site that full of 1%ers that any one who just enjoys the sport of Riding for pleasure and wears a black leather jacket is shot at for all they do....seems likes there is a holyer than thou air around here.
Amen brother!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
You think that's bad? Stick around and see what we do to "cops" around here!!

Muahahaha...

Old 03-06-2011, 01:48 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And Sportsters are girls bikes,

I don't want people to think I am a Poser, so this is how I modified my bike to look like a Real Biker,

(for a price I can modify your bike the same way)

Last edited by ButtMan1000; 03-06-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

And here I was thinking this Forum was all about having a good time between the ride,
Boy was I wrong.
With That said; I am the only real Biker here, You all be nothin' but Assless Chap ,off the Dealer rack wearing POSERS.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by hdridernate
Amen brother!
hey Nate, that chick in your sig is a complete poser!

She can pose on my bike anytime.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Ed_Just_Ed
Tourer

[quote=ButtMan1000;8009525]And Sportsters are girls bikes,

/quote]

Man, I thought Deluxes were girl bikes.

Quick Reply: Enough of the Posers