The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Patch question,I'm ready for the BS

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Charlie [Mortis421]
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
Timmy, no local HOG group is going to take offense. It's all just in fun. And no other club is going to give you grief about HOG patches.

But I would suggest you give some of the Boston area chapters a shot. People on the forums (myself included) may joke about HOGs, but when you get down to it, they are just about the most active of the family oriented groups you can join. They always have something going on, even if it's just a ride to Waffle House.

BLINKS... They have waffle houses in Mass?? (joking) ...

In all seriousness... I agree with the ones that are saying to wear your vest with pride. HD is an American bike manufacturer, and if your vest has a lower rocker that says USA.. so be it.

The people I've met in the New Jersey area are all about riding, having fun and being social. If I was up in my old stomping grounds, I'd be in the chapter up there. I'm OFD. (Originally from Dorchester, Mass)
*there's a thought, get an OFD patch for my cut!

I've recently purchased my patches for my HOG vest. Just have to figure out how to use the damn sewing machine. This way if I put them on crooked, I can't blame the OL ..

I thought of making a "prospect" vest ... for the lone wolf no club ...

Old 03-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Charlie [Mortis421]
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Timmy B
...I was wondering about the HOG group, true clubs are not going to care about my HD patches, but was wondering about the level of what HOG dudes would react to a eagle patch with no chapter. From the looks of it, it is no big deal...
Hey Timmy, just read you're OFD also! W00t ... HOG members won't be concerned if you're not in a chapter. You can belong to more than one local HOG chapter. The common ground is you have to be an in good standing National member.

Mostly it's a good conversation starter.. We all have the hobby in common.

Originally Posted by Timmy B
...I treat everyone the way I want to be treated and so far I have been doing ok. A little respect goes a long way.
Amen to that brother!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
h.o.g.? we were talking about organized criminals and now we are talking about h.o.g.s.? f**k a bunch of hogs...just another way for harley to make money off you clowns. they don't even make a good club--let alone gang. maybe they can wear their patches, pins, and rockers(for years and miles) on their backs to make sure they are not confused with a real "club".
Lame and uncalled for, but hope you feel better about yourself now.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Anvilfire
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all about respect shown and how one presents theirself. I been around 1% clubs including the dominant 1% and been to their events with no issues. They know who's who in their area and who doesn't belong. If a group of guys sew on a three piece and didn't ask for permission they will be contacted.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Would you even know where to go to be seen by any MC who cares? That stuff is so far under the radar of MCs. You're in less potential trouble than wearing a Red Sox hat in NYC.
If thats the fashion ensemble you want, go for it.