The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Patch question,I'm ready for the BS

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
NoDeal
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be fine. HOG members are just guys/gals who own harleys, like the patches, pay some money to their local dealer and like to get together. They do not enforce anything and will not be upset unless you try to impose your will on their chapter without paying dues. That's not going to happen, so you should never have an issue. No MC will care that you wear a HOG patch with harley and USA written around it, that pretty much suimmarizes 90% of patches available to buy at your local store. These are not 3pp of which clubs are concerned.

Sew your patches, ride your bike in comfort, enjoy and congrats.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:45 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default it's not the patch you wear, but what you ride

Here's my vest .. I'm proud of my Harley and the patches I've collected riding it. I just happened to get caught on a Vespa this day wearing my HOG vest .. ( My grandson was trying to sell me one )

Old 03-05-2011, 10:36 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
you guys keep referring to these gangs of organized criminals as clubs. no decent law abiding club is going to cause any problems over what you wear. gangs have turf wars-they are protecting their territory. these 1% biker gangs are not nice people...take your damn vest off or don't wear 3 piece patches in their territory. a confrontation over a stupid patch could escalate and cost you your life!!
You are clueless.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer

$24 and you can join my chapter. I'll send you the upper rocker.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 PM
cageddog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the little expierence I've had, it's the bottom rocker that poses the threat. It is your territory patch and states what is your terf. A USA patch is pretty vague so go with it as you feel. If your feelin uneasy lose the bottom rocker and ride on.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it at all, you look like you can take care of yourself...
I think as long as is doesn't say MC, your ok.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:09 AM
martinbrody
Advanced

That Vespa pic is great. You should've taken one from the front making a tough guy face and giving the finger.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

The Patches I wear reflect something I did or went to or a statement of how I feel which includes 2 HOG Patches that was a member those years .. Have no desire to put one on now that let my membership drop .. But leave the ones on that did belong to it at the time ..

Old 03-06-2011, 10:22 AM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only problem I see that might arise. You should check and see if any of the colors are close to that of the local club. Clubs are not out to tell you what do do or wear. They just do not want someone out posing as a club member. Many will try things such as that to get the respect of such a club. Check around, ask a member, they will show you respect as long as you show them respect.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Lyle White
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight2005
The only problem I see that might arise. You should check and see if any of the colors are close to that of the local club. Clubs are not out to tell you what do do or wear. They just do not want someone out posing as a club member. Many will try things such as that to get the respect of such a club. Check around, ask a member, they will show you respect as long as you show them respect.
u seem a little confused bro.....u write "clubs are not out to tell u what do do or wear, but u were rite the first time.......u shuld ask ur local club for permsson first.....obv we do want to tell u what to where otherwise whats the point of being in a club.......being able to fite over colors and territory rockers is were its at bro.....dont want the rubbies thinkin its a fre country they can do what they want......gotta keep em scared othwise they wont give us no respect..........its all about forcing ppl to respect us.....so yeah keep asking for permison and make sure u honor our dominance over ur lifes.......thems the rules right bros.......u wanna ride u gotta submit right bros

Quick Reply: Another Patch question,I'm ready for the BS