The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Patch question,I'm ready for the BS

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
The "HOG" stuff is pretty harmless; but if you're concerned about catching **** from an MC, why wear a 3 piece freakin' patch?

No disrespect meant sir, just askin'...

None taken, I did not think it ws a three piece patch because it does not have an MC patch, I thought clubs were supposed to to wear MC if they were a club. Mine just says harley davidson and USA with the eagle emblem, NOT MC or anthing, plus I like patches. I would never wear something lamo like Sons of Anarchy or LONE WOLF, But I love my harley and proud to show it. Plus I added at the end I am sure the true 1% clubs could give a ****, I was wondering about the HOG chapters becuase I do not pay dues but I do own a harley.

Last edited by Timmy B; 03-05-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:35 PM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
Timmy, no local HOG group is going to take offense. It's all just in fun. And no other club is going to give you grief about HOG patches.

But I would suggest you give some of the Boston area chapters a shot. People on the forums (myself included) may joke about HOGs, but when you get down to it, they are just about the most active of the family oriented groups you can join. They always have something going on, even if it's just a ride to Waffle House.
WAIT! They have Waffle Houses in BOSTON?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:39 PM
scooter1128
Road Captain

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Timmy, I think youll be fine. I think all who buy a new Harley gets a free 1 year membership in "HOG". After the year is up, I havent heard of anyone coming to claim the patch back. I, like you, am very proud to ride my Harley. I waited a long time to get it. I love their history and I love my bike. I believe 1%'s could careless about the "HOG" hardware. And as far as the local "HOG" chapters, dont think it would even be an issue. Take care and stay safe

Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

Guys, I meant no disrespect to anybody. I frankly do not care what kind of patch anyone wears. if you wear colors of a MC that is cool I'm nobody's judge or jury, and I made no attempt to bad mouth any MC or MC's in genreal.
I stated at the end of the post that most MC's would more than likely not care. The description of the patch is not that of a MC. it say harley-davidson and harley owners group with USA at the bottom. Like having a very fancy HD MOCO patch. alot of guys where the bar and shield, I love the the eagle and the wheels, think the look of the patchis killer.

I knew some guys in MC's in boston and my patch is nothing like an MC, My worry was after reading stuff about patches, that I might get a hassle from some HOG group member for not having a proper chapter or City from where I bought it.
I wear the patch becuase I love my bike, it is a harley and I was born in the USA, both my parents served for the country, and travel around the USA on my bike when I'm home.
I just was wondering if I was goign to get asked to pay dues or something for wearing the patch.
I did not write anything negative about MC's. Just asking about the HOG patch.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:50 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,909 Likes on 828 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
None taken, I did not think it ws a three piece patch because it does not have an MC patch, I thought clubs were supposed to to wear MC if they were a club. Mine just says harley davidson and USA with the eagle emblem, NOT MC or anthing, plus I like patches. I would never wear something lamo like Sons of Anarchy or LONE WOLF, But I love my harley and proud to show it. Plus I added at the end I am sure the true 1% clubs could give a ****, I was wondering about the HOG chapters becuase I do not pay dues but I do own a harley.
No problem here sir, that's for sure! My wife says sometimes I should not be so impulsive when I respond to things...imagine that! I also don't mind a bit wearing H-D branded gear, although I have to admit I don't own a whole helluva lot...but my wife sure does!

Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hdgzr
No problem here sir, that's for sure! My wife says sometimes I should not be so impulsive when I respond to things...imagine that! I also don't mind a bit wearing H-D branded gear, although I have to admit I don't own a whole helluva lot...but my wife sure does!

It is all good, No worries. Who is not impulsive at some point. It is sometihing I too need to work on. Sometimes I write responses and go off about who knows what and when I reread I just say to my self "tim, what the hell are writing about" then I need to go back an delete the thing. Ride safe.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

Well if the Sargeant at Arms of the local HOG chapter should get a hold of you........

Lets' be real no HOG chapter is going to come after you.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:17 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

h.o.g.? we were talking about organized criminals and now we are talking about h.o.g.s.? f**k a bunch of hogs...just another way for harley to make money off you clowns. they don't even make a good club--let alone gang. maybe they can wear their patches, pins, and rockers(for years and miles) on their backs to make sure they are not confused with a real "club".

Old 03-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dan conner
h.o.g.? we were talking about organized criminals and now we are talking about h.o.g.s.? f**k a bunch of hogs...just another way for harley to make money off you clowns. they don't even make a good club--let alone gang. maybe they can wear their patches, pins, and rockers(for years and miles) on their backs to make sure they are not confused with a real "club".

I do not often do this, but what is your point?????

Old 03-05-2011, 08:14 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

frig them all i`ll wear what the f*** i want no body or club will dictate to me what i can or cannot wear i am not a bad *** but will not be swayed because someone else thinks they are

Quick Reply: Another Patch question,I'm ready for the BS