The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hells Angels vs Sons of Anarchy...final showdown

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmacfn
//
However I will say this, the SOA show has likely only served to add strengthen the HD mystique which has always been the one thing that binds all HD riders together. There is a fellowship of HD riders which simply does not exist with other bikes and that is the MAIN reason I ride a harley.
Unless you ride a Sportster....

There are a hell of a lot more HD stickers on cars and trucks out on the road than actual HD's. Even on a sunny 75 degree summer day. Not sure if that is good, or bad. I guess for the dealer selling HD clothing and decals, it Very Good!

Originally Posted by mmacfn
Ah could be.

Also could be location. Being here in AZ there are a TUN of HDs everywhere and alot of rides organized by groups and dealerships. Its something I just do not see with the other bikes. Now, who knows if i was somewhere else, just what i see here.
I'm aware of at least three sport bike rides, three Adventure bike rides scheduled this weekend, and no "Harley" rides. YMMV - my experience is the groups just don't talk to each other, at all, so those activities don't exist.

See any HD's? There was one, at far right. BTW that was mid March and the high temp of the day was 30 degrees.

See any sport bikes, adventure bikes, etc? The only one was mine, and I just made a donation and left.

The Harley events around here tend to be a lot more socially oriented than riding oriented: two hours in a parking lot, a ride/parade, and a cookout.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's a lot different from this:

Or this:

Or this:

All one-day rides organized by a a sport bike dealership, local group of friends, and a www group, respectively.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TUN of HDs everywhere and alot of rides organized by groups and dealerships
This.

The sport bikes do have rides here, but not nearly as many as the HD rides. Furthermore, a couple hours hunched over my Duck, and I'm ready for a break. Guess I'm a poser.

We have six HD dealerships within a 50 mile radius around here. It has done NOTHING for price competition like you think it would.

Not sure if that is good, or bad.
Good for the MoCo. Sales are down. People just like swag for the things they like. Bikes, guitars, etc. I don't think there is anything more to it than that. It doesnt bother me in the least to see someone wearing an HD shirt when he has no HD.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:47 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilemma
He has no point other than telling us his elitist view on what we all are.

Nah. I have had all brands in this garage over the last 35 years. (Except Suzuki for some odd reason) Still have a Duck BTW, along with my HD's.

Generalize much? "Earn?" I just ride. Have for 35 years.

Here is a club deserving of your bad *** self: (I got skills with Photoshop. It's a gift)

If you are all you claim to be, why are you telling me what to do and who to ride with? Who the FK are you to tell me that?
I answered someone's post of "lack of fellowship" in other makes. That is BS.
You know it, but won't admit it.
Keyboard warrior? Yeah, I am 5 or 6 days a week. I drive a truck coast to coast. Takes me that long to turn SoCal to East Coast and back. I got my Shovelhead waiting for me in LA office and I ride it on my day off. My other bikes are in Florida and I take a week off for every 4-5 weeks on the road. When I'm off the road, I still take long trips on my FXD and go racing or track ride few times a year on "lesser" brands. Last year in 10 weeks I was off, I rode to NE, Mid West as well as few other 1200-1500 trips.
Figure it out .... I ride 10-12K a year on 2 harleys, another 1000 or so on the track and OL and I put 255,000 on the truck.
And if I wasn't stuck in Atlanta for the weekend I'd be out riding instead of talking to you.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Garandman
Tourer

This.

The sport bikes do have rides here, but not nearly as many as the HD rides. Furthermore, a couple hours hunched over my Duck, and I'm ready for a break. Guess I'm a poser.

We have six HD dealerships within a 50 mile radius around here. It has done NOTHING for price competition like you think it would. //
These posts always amuse me.

"Oh, things are much different here." Without a location in your profile.

Ducati riders always ride alone, because if more than one rode together, pedestrians would have heart attacks due to the collective awesomeness.

Last edited by Garandman; 06-12-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Dilemma
Road Master

Why are you telling me what to do and who to ride with?
I'm not. I just dont understand why you appear to be so pissed off at what you call "Posers?" It impacts your life NONE.

Some of us just LOVE bikes. All brands. And if some douche wants to drag himself through the HD apparel catalog, I dont care. It's impact on me is zero.

I drive a truck coast to coast.
I'm a Steamfitter.

I wasn't stuck in Atlanta
Bummer. Atlanta sucks.

BTW, I thought my chop turned out pretty good!?!?! I cant claim the idea however. I just dressed it up a little.

Here is my Duck. Thing goes like a scalded cat.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Dilemma
Road Master

"Oh, things are much different here." Without a location in your profile
Sorry. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Garandman
Tourer

Here's one of those rides that doesn't seem to exist in other parts of the country.

A group of bikes on a ride to some covered bridges and Walt Siegl's custom shop in Harrisville, NH. Pretty much every brand but HD. There were a couple of metric cruisers.

Where would New England rides be posted on this forum?

Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Dilemma
Road Master

pedestrians would have heart attacks due to the collective awesomeness
QFT.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:17 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm not. I just dont understand why you appear to be so pissed off at what you call "Posers?" It impacts your life NONE.

Some of us just LOVE bikes. All brands. And if some douche wants to drag himself through the HD apparel catalog, I dont care. It's impact on me is zero.
Really? You didn't say this?

" He's an idea; Sell your Harley, buy one of these bikes, join in the "comradery." "

You don't think I "love all bikes"? You're dillusional ... I've ridden and raced all 4 Jap brands and a BMW. I still have a pair old Triumps and will be racing one of them next year as well as a 650 Yamaha side car rig that a buddy of mine is building.

The posers don't affect me at all, but provide entertainment, just like you do.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:43 PM
sLvRsTrEEtBoB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alkay191
Really? You didn't say this?

" He's an idea; Sell your Harley, buy one of these bikes, join in the "comradery." "

You don't think I "love all bikes"? You're dillusional ... I've ridden and raced all 4 Jap brands and a BMW. I still have a pair old Triumps and will be racing one of them next year as well as a 650 Yamaha side car rig that a buddy of mine is building.

The posers don't affect me at all, but provide entertainment, just like you do.
off topic here but you got one sweet shovel there.

Quick Reply: Hells Angels vs Sons of Anarchy...final showdown