The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this guy actually be a "rub" or even a "poser."

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Dub
Well Mr. Rowdy, if you don't like reading posts from people who know less than you, I am suspecting you are not going to appreciate much on these forums. Don't take someone talking about something they think they know, but don't, as disrespect. It's not intended that way most of the time here. You will find several posts about your friends from those that are intentionally being disrespectful. The post I made, like this one, are not. Everything you read, you may not agree with. That's just a fact. I stated something I thought I remembered, did more research, was wrong, and admitted it. It happens. If you are looking for everyone to like the guys you grew up with, well, that ain't gonna happen. Disparaging words will be written about your friends and mine. That's just how it goes. Respect.

Guess I just don't understand the over-curiosity with club life from some people. If that ain't you then whatever but it seems to me that a lot of folks spend entirely too much time worrying about **** they know nothing about and have no intention of finding out about. Go live the life if ya will, but the constant internet jabber about such things is foolhardy IMHO.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:07 PM
thumperhdcmc
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Rowdy
Guess I just don't understand the over-curiosity with club life from some people. If that ain't you then whatever but it seems to me that a lot of folks spend entirely too much time worrying about **** they know nothing about and have no intention of finding out about. Go live the life if ya will, but the constant internet jabber about such things is foolhardy IMHO.
I agree 100% went to a meeting the other night threw my jacket and cut on and hopped in my car... I must be a poser to some extent... At least that's the impression I've gotten from some of these threads. I live in my cut its my life just becuz there's a foot of snow on the road and I can't ride there ain't no way in hell I would second guess wearing my cut, especially to a club function

Old 02-16-2011, 01:45 AM
OneManShow
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived my life with the people whom you guys are talking about, I do not appreciate some of the comments. I was always told that unless you know what you are talking about you should shut up and let those who know speak. Guess it was a lesson only my folks taught me.
I agree with this a 1000% if you dont know whats going on dont say ****, dont ask qustions because what comes to light, comes to light, if it dosen't dont worry about it. You know the old saying "It is what it is". Oh, and if you think all people who live life a cetain way are wrong or evil thats fine, just keep it to your f@ck!ng self. Some of you people sound like a mom at a PTA meeting, if you dont like it p!ss off dont tell us all about it.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the 'over-curiosity' is more of a cautious fascination. I have read more than my fair share of posts regarding club life from those that have only watched 'Gangland' and 'Sons of Anarchy'. I personally know nothing about it, other than from educated members of this forum (which I appreciate), and what I can remember from growing up (which, I admit, isn't much).
I see that you haven't been on this forum long, so trust me, you will see so much of it, it will make your head spin. It's almost a weekly thread here. Check out the "Boogey-man" thread. It will amaze you as it has most others. Oh, and as for the contastant jabber,,,, well.... it's winter. LOL. I hope it doesn't turn you off to the forums, there is some interesting reading here, if nothing else, and your experiences could shed some light for others.

Welcome to the forums, take them for what they are worth, and enjoy yourself. TW.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 AM
tandjdad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rub/Poser.....who really gives a s$&t!?

Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

Somewhere on here is a thread about a Life magazine pictorial feature from the 60's on the San Bernardino HA. It's mostly about a run to Bakersfield. In that series of pics is one of a kid about 12 or so standing next to one of their bikes. He looks completely captivated by the whole scene there in front of the bar. That kids expression says it all for me. I've been that kid. I knew I wasn't cut out for the kind of commitment you guys talk about but the appreciation and envy for what you have is still there. I can't speak for anyone else but the few times I've ventured to comment on a thread like this I have tried my best to be respectful and positive.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Dub
I think the 'over-curiosity' is more of a cautious fascination. I have read more than my fair share of posts regarding club life from those that have only watched 'Gangland' and 'Sons of Anarchy'. I personally know nothing about it, other than from educated members of this forum (which I appreciate), and what I can remember from growing up (which, I admit, isn't much).
I see that you haven't been on this forum long, so trust me, you will see so much of it, it will make your head spin. It's almost a weekly thread here. Check out the "Boogey-man" thread. It will amaze you as it has most others. Oh, and as for the contastant jabber,,,, well.... it's winter. LOL. I hope it doesn't turn you off to the forums, there is some interesting reading here, if nothing else, and your experiences could shed some light for others.

Welcome to the forums, take them for what they are worth, and enjoy yourself. TW.
I know all about this forum and who lives here. Ya know what's funny, everyone here seems to think that everyone here is just like them. It ain't so; some are middle-of-the-roaders, not poser, not ratty biker. Some are full on posers, some are grungy knife wielding scary bastards. Best to not make assumptions before someone's posts reveal who they really are. One chrome doo-dad post and it's all over for many here.

Live your life, let others live theirs. If their way of life comes into conflict with yours you gotta keep a stiff upper lip and sometimes just plain old wish for luck.