The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Assless Chaps....When?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:16 PM
DEGRider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Didnt wear chaps until I started rideing longer distances in less than perfect weather. I can have bug and grime free jeans when I get where I am going too. The ol lady looks good in them no matter what color panties shes wearing. Win win in my book.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 01-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As bad as women gossiping about what another is wearing.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
it definitely goes beyond "being comfortable" and "protection from the cold". there are many alternatives to chaps that are lighter, cheaper, and much more effective than chaps. just admit you like wearing the chaps and be done with it.

i suppose i can wear a arabian da shiki in the summertime and be comfortable too, but i don't' want to wear a dress.
Just because this forum gives you a "voice" does not neccessarily mean that your opinion is valued by anyone other than yourself.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:16 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

OK, OK I get it. Most of you guys don't think it's cool to wear chaps....
On the other hand most women I have talked to like the way guys look in chaps. (Just like we like the way they look in chaps!)
Now I am not as young (or as thin) as I used to be but last year after a breakfast ride in cool temps I had a waitress (late 30s, not bad looking at all) say "I like those chaps..." as I walked by. I think there was an invitation in that voice... Made my whole day!

Now here is the question. We all know chaps keep you warm and are at least somewhat useful as protection, but as far how they look why do some guys seem to care more what the other guys think than what the women think? Is it just me or that somewhat homo erotic? I mean if you guys are worried about looking good for your man and he doesn't like chaps, thats all well and good. You do what have to do. Don't ask, don't tell.

I'm not trying to look good for you guys so I really don't care what you think..

Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 AM
skinless
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Just because this forum gives you a "voice" does not neccessarily mean that your opinion is valued by anyone other than yourself.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:38 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
are you seriously getting personal and getting all butt hurt over chaps? wear them, don't wear them i don't give a crap. i was voicing my opinion that chaps are largely useless because they expose the two areas that need the most protecting in a fall and from the cold, and there are better alternatives to chaps out there so those that wear them, wear them because they like wearing chaps. you like chaps, they go with your ensemble who cares?

Old 01-28-2011, 07:49 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Nabubba
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One question you will never hear a lady ask..."Do these chaps make my *** look big?"..............lol

Old 01-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
are you seriously getting personal and getting all butt hurt over chaps? wear them, don't wear them i don't give a crap. i was voicing my opinion that chaps are largely useless because they expose the two areas that need the most protecting in a fall and from the cold, and there are better alternatives to chaps out there so those that wear them, wear them because they like wearing chaps. you like chaps, they go with your ensemble who cares?
No. I'm not getting personal at all. My first post concerning this was simply stating my experience with them. Frankly I could care less what anybody thinks of anything I wear since I have no "ensemble". I wear what works for me, just like you wear what works for you, whatever that may be. I just don't think anybody should place judgment on another simply because they don't like or agree with it. I can assure you my attire while on the bike or elsewhere, is in no way influenced by other's opinions. Let's just agree that different people have different tastes. I don't pass judgement on anyone for that simply because I don't concur with it. No hard feelings to you at all.

Quick Reply: Assless Chaps....When?