The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaved Heads and Goatees

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 10:43 AM
DAKSY
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Used to get a haircut twice a year. 10 bucks a pop. Then I got married & the (THEN) wifey liked it shorter so I went every six weeks, but the price went to 12 bucks a pop. Decided to grow the chin hair towards the end of the marriage. Too many bald spots for a full beard. She really hated that chin hair. Divorced the biotch & met a woman whose Dad (D-Day, Ardennes Forest WWII) wore his REALLY short. She used to cut it for him. So I figgered WTF, a hair clipper at Sam's Club was about 20 bucks so I snagged one. Had her shave my dome every three weeks or so, PLUS she liked the goatee...One day I felt the need for a trim & she wasn't around, so I did it myself. That was probably 10 years ago. Occasionally I'll grab the razor & shave it smooth, but I gotta do that every three days or I can't put a shirt on. Razor stubble up top acts like freekin VELCRO & grabs the collars. Now I've got the chin hair, but the dome grows all year & in March I raise funds for St. Baldrick's Foundation for Kids with Cancer, & get it all shaved off in a big ceremony...Like the other guys said, I don't give two SH*TS about the looks or what others think of me. None of my business anyway.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:50 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

I've had a shaved head and goatee since '97, when I stated reffing wrestling.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a goat for over 25 years. In style, out of style whatever. I am what I am. Definitely not a slave to style or fashion.

I shaved my head 11 years ago due to thinning hair and male pattern baldness. I shave every 2-3 days and I like my dome tan.

You know, I may have started the rage for bald dudes, a goatee and a beer belly.

I don't follow trends, I set the trends!

Old 04-28-2014, 05:54 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

started shaving head after first chest pain call to a hoarder's house. got back to station burned clothes and shaved head. More bugs in that house than a fishing show.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Great question. I'm headed that way due to hair loss and I like the look of the goatee which I've had for 14 years. Less shaving to do too!

Old 04-28-2014, 05:59 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

LMAO, that is bad. Been lucky when I was on the Dept. Never had that issue. Been shaving my head since '97 when my hair dresser said I'm thinning. I blamed the wife since I had hair before I got married. Goatee about 6 years ago after I quit the fire dept. Winter time, full beard, or what I can grow anyways.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:46 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Embrace the baldness. I have had a beard since 75? Kids wouldnt know me otherwise.
Hair went away.
No biggie.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:27 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
Mine is not shaved, but the clippers takes it to the steel (no attachments) and I hate going to a barber, so the Missus cuts my hair. As for the goatee I am too lazy to shave, and to spotty to grow a beard.

Forgot to mention that my wife cuts my hair for me. So we have Co-Ed naked hair cutting days

Old 04-29-2014, 04:39 AM
Manninagh
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I cropped (#1 blade) because my hair was getting finer as I got older and just blew all over the place. I couldn't be bothered with it, so off went the style I'd had for 30 years. I had a beard that I grew as a joke after I left the Regular Army and went to work for the Royal Navy. My mother liked it, so I kept it until I had to shave it off when I returned to the Army as a reserve officer. I'm retired from all that now, but the full beard looked stupid with all the gray, so goatee it is!

To summarise then, I'm idle and vain.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:43 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
It also got real popular about the time drug testing by hair sample started becoming the standard pre employment test instead of pissing in a bottle for big companies here in Ca. . Almost to the day when our plant started using hair sample testing almost every new hire that came through the doors particularly the younger ones were a cue ball .

they can make you give up pubes for testing, though, right? I heard dyeing ***** up the testing too....

Quick Reply: Shaved Heads and Goatees