The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaved Heads and Goatees

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
These days its a buzzcut on top with a soul patch under the lip. Never could grow a beard that looked decent. Had a mustache for probably 30 years but when it turned completely white (and then yellow from the smokes) I shaved it off. My daughters were in there 20s before they ever saw me without the mustache. They freaked out when it came off. Had a full head of hair in my 30's but couldnt do the ponytail thing due to work. Dont think I will ever do the chromedome but then again most of my hair is sliding off my head down onto my back.
Had a big, thick mustache for years and my kids freaked the same way when I shaved it off. They were in their late-teens and had never seen me without. Was easier to grow it back (11 years ago) but added the goatee and have kept those ever since. Salt n pepper but who cares.

Keep the hair cropped low (not shaved) because it is just so much easier and the wife can cut it in the garage with clippers bought at Wally World. Kids are grown and wife asks once in awhile if I am ever going to shave it off again. Nawwww.....it's just "me" now.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts
Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 PM
ElectraDave
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by honestbob
I have a very long (ZZ TOPS type) full beard and un-cut long hair. When I retired I decided to never cut them again cause I'm LAZY. I Could give a crap less what they look like or what fashion statement is made.
You earned the right the hard way. Thanks for your service and glad you survived Tet offenive 1968. My oldest brother didn't, still miss him very much.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:08 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,651 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Absolutely would NOT wanna be one of those "shaved head goatee guys". Everyone around here has the look & to me, a shaved head or buzz cut does absolutely NOTHING for a persons looks except make him look like an inmate of some institution. C'mon guys--how would you like your women with a shave head? Your hairstyle is the one thing on your body,male or female, that can really make or break your looks. I've seen plain Jane ho-hum women get a hot hairstyle, and suddenly they're fantastic looking. Same with guys. I think nowadays too many guys look at having hair as being sissyish. Especially young kids with that stupid cue bald look, with their ears sticking out like coffee cup handles. Buncha little pinheads,IMHO. Funny thing is that in my day,a kid who looked like today's teenagers couldn't even DREAM of getting even an ugly chick. Amazing that these young babes today go for that look.

I'll never have it. All of my GF's, right up to my current one, like it long. It was the first thing they noticed about me 'cause hardly anyone my age has it anymore.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:26 AM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a dick ey

Last edited by NorCal Dog; 01-24-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Some people look great with long hair...

Old 01-24-2011, 01:11 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has nothing to do with anything...I shave it cause I can't be bothered buying shampoo and hate combing knots out of it after a ride....as for the gotee... my ol lady calls it her thigh tickler.

I wear my **** the way I want to and don't give a **** what other people think of it.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Mine is not shaved, but the clippers takes it to the steel (no attachments) and I hate going to a barber, so the Missus cuts my hair. As for the goatee I am too lazy to shave, and to spotty to grow a beard.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:01 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Hair - Wash it, tie it back, good to go.
Beard - Turned white a few years ago. Shaving irritates the hell out of my skin.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:08 AM
CISO1969
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a goatee (van dyke) in the late 90's through early 2000's shaved it off for a while then in 2010 or so grew it back but had a chinstrap and it was longer too. Shortly thereafter shaved the chin strap and began to grow the goat "Hell Billy" long. Basically a short trimmed goatee screams 35-45 year old guy trying to be cool or relevant around here, but th elength of mine is not at all common Keep hair pretty short a 1 on sides and back and a bit to comb on top.

Quick Reply: Shaved Heads and Goatees