The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaved Heads and Goatees

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 AM
mikedero
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I buzz cut mine with out a guard so pretty much shaved it is easy to take care of and it is free. Goatee is because I am lazy less to shave every other day.

Plus the wife loves them both been doing it for 15 years now.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master

In the mid 90's I was traveling in North East Thailand and was staying in a small village (no plumbing/phone/electricity) and the old man in the village who was some kind of healer and ghost expert shared his homebrew with me and told me that I would be successful if I trusted my wife and cut my hair.

Shaved my head and have kept it that way since, but trusting the ex wasn't such a good idea in hindsight. Or maybe it was... because everything turned out well.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a long ponytail back when it wasn't popular. The years have seen that hair apparently grow in reverse... and come out someplace else. Shaved my dome when my mother went thru chemo and lost her hair... never grew it back (although most of it wouldn't grow back anyway). Facial hair hides a scar and gives me a reason to use shampoo.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 PM
skulnbones
Cruiser

I started shaving my head about ten years ago, when I noticed the typical male pattern baldness showing....receding hairline and thining on the crown of my head. I wasnt going to go the comb over route or use Rogaine, so I just shaved it off and never went back.
Bald and a full beard is a hard look to pull off. Bald and goatee is popular. I grow a goatee a couple times a year.
Now is a great time to be bald, lol.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lost the hair on the top about 10 years ago and on a vacation to a sunny local I decided to shave. What a relief. I would not take the damn stuff back if you gave it to me. Don't have the goatee because the wife is not a fan of facial hair but again it so easy to hit everything with a razor in the morning while in the shower and be done with it. Hell, maybe I ought to trim up down below!!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
oakspeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

im bald by nature. not keen on the goat look either.

Last edited by oakspeed; 01-18-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:33 PM
RussL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cdculbertson
I went from long hair to a buzz cut (a 1.5 blade...not quite shaved, though my wife calls me "bald") many years ago on a dare. Been wearing it that way ever since because I got too lazy to want to deal with hair. I wear a goatee because I look 20 years older with a full gray beard, and my wife likes the goatee better too.

FWIW, I've been sporting the buzz cut and goatee (and earring and tats for that matter) for far longer than I've been riding the Harley. Of course, now that I do ride, I suppose I look more like a poser but I really couldn't care less.
Hiya, Doug, that you? Didn't know ya were on here, too. Good looking bike there, Bro.

Me, I just have the goatee. Hair is still long and in a ponytail. Used to have a full beard until I had neck surgery last year. Had to trim it, but that's ok since my beard was never very full on the sides. One of these days I'll probably trim the hair back so it isn't so much trouble to keep up. Or not. Dunno. As to why I like either, well, I dunno, I just like the way I look with it all. I guess I've watched Jeremiah Johnson too many times, lol. I don't want to shave it, though. Too much trouble, to me.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Northern Cowboy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

My hair only grew to 5' 10" and I reached 6' 1" - essentially I busted through the top of my hair. So to make it look all the same I shaved it about 15 years ago. Since then I shave it daily.

Never grew the beard or goatee.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:18 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

These days its a buzzcut on top with a soul patch under the lip. Never could grow a beard that looked decent. Had a mustache for probably 30 years but when it turned completely white (and then yellow from the smokes) I shaved it off. My daughters were in there 20s before they ever saw me without the mustache. They freaked out when it came off. Had a full head of hair in my 30's but couldnt do the ponytail thing due to work. Dont think I will ever do the chromedome but then again most of my hair is sliding off my head down onto my back.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
beardedwunder
Novice

Soon to be 47. I've had a full beard since 21, full head of hair till 36 when buzzed down to 1/8", trimmed down to goatee in 2000 simply because I messed up while trimming my beard, to even things up I wound up with that. Wife loved it so I kept it up. I just shaved my head for the first time 2 weeks ago in a show of support to a 20 year old very close family friend who is like a Daughter to me fighting cancer. Her and her twin sister call me rent-a-dad. I have no piercings or tattoos But when I'm done with this rotation and get home my son and I may go get one at the same time. Bonding thing.

Last edited by beardedwunder; 01-20-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Shaved Heads and Goatees