The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaved Heads and Goatees

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM
thundering02
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cut about 18 inches off of my head last time I cut my hair... back out to about 3 inches now.
sideburns all the way down (not mutton) and goatee(long enough to braid) with no mustache cause I like the way that looks

Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
ironhead9813
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had hair down to my shoulders and one day decided to shave it off, BIG mistake cause it never grew back all the way. Made it easy when I joined the military! Been out for three years now, still shave the head every other day and have a full beard just to **** my older brother off, he can only grow about three hairs on his chin!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the look is stupid. But that's probably because at 52 nature has taken most of the hair from my head and most 15 year olds can grow more of a beard in two days than I can in two years. Envy is a terrible thing.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:14 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerSoftail
I think the look is stupid. But that's probably because at 52 nature has taken most of the hair from my head and most 15 year olds can grow more of a beard in two days than I can in two years. Envy is a terrible thing.

Damn man , look at this way you really didn't lose your hair it just migrated downward growing out your ears , nose and down your back .

Old 01-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Older Biker
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Damn man , look at this way you really didn't lose your hair it just migrated downward growing out your ears , nose and down your back .
I wonder if we can transplant ear hair.

You forgot one place. I never wear a helmet until I get to a state that requires it. So, one day years ago, I was out riding one of my bikes with a tall windshield. No helmet, glasses or goggles between me and nature.

Suddenly I started getting po'd because some hair kept getting in my eyes and it was just enough to break my ability to meditate as I was cruising down some back road, enjoying the clear blue skies and white clouds.

I kept trying to stuff it under my skull cap as I was riding, and couldn't get it to cooperate, so the next time I stopped, I went into a rest room to fix my skull cap, only to discover the problem was my EYEBROWS were to long.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:05 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by Older Biker
I wonder if we can transplant ear hair.

You forgot one place. I never wear a helmet until I get to a state that requires it. So, one day years ago, I was out riding one of my bikes with a tall windshield. No helmet, glasses or goggles between me and nature.

Suddenly I started getting po'd because some hair kept getting in my eyes and it was just enough to break my ability to meditate as I was cruising down some back road, enjoying the clear blue skies and white clouds.

I kept trying to stuff it under my skull cap as I was riding, and couldn't get it to cooperate, so the next time I stopped, I went into a rest room to fix my skull cap, only to discover the problem was my EYEBROWS were to long.

Thats f*cked up man , made cough up my coffee LOL .

Old 01-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have long hair back in the day. I keep it 1/4" in the winter and buzz with no attachment in the summer. No maintenance. Full face beard in the winter and goatee in the summer. All gray at 52.5 years old. Dont care what others think if I look "Bad" or not.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

9 years ago, when I got the golden handshake I started to grow a beard; because I always had to be clean shaven, my whole work career. Liked it and cut my hair at 1/8 " and then sometimes I shave my head, why I don't know, other than all the other guys do it. LOL
Coyote

Old 01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

Had long hair that reached the top of my azz crack at one time. Out of the blue for no reason at all, I cut it. Kept it sorta short, ~2 or 3 inches for years after that. Then one day got tired of spending so much on shampoo (the more hair ya got, the more it needs), got tired of it not drying quickly enough (didn't want to go through two towels just to dry some friggin' hair or that damned blow dryer crap!). Never gave a rats azz about 'bad hair' or 'helmet hair' 'cause I don't give a rats azz what anyone thinks. I decided to go partial bald (short jarhead flat-top and bald-ish all around - I use an electric clippers with no attachments. Cuts the hair to about 1/64 of an inch, nice and damn near bald) because it's just easier, plain and simple. The little bit of hair I leave on top, the flat-top, is to add a tiny bit of cushion to the helmets I wear.

In the summer I wear a sorta Fu Manchu, and near the end of summer I let it start to grow full beard for winter riding. I never 'shave' it, just use the same clippers on my face as I do the head. Saves me a buttload of money by not having to buy razors and all the other ridiculous toiletries...and still don't give a rats azz if someone doesn't like the way it looks or not. I'm not here to make them all warm and fuzzy by being their personal model and fashion show...if they don't like it, they can shove it where the sun don't shine, and if they happen to be feelin' froggy and *say* something about it, I get the pleasure of *telling* them to shove it where the sun don't shine - a win-win for me!

Last edited by tar_snake; 01-06-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've almost always had facial hair (cept when in the air force and for a period in the 90's). I've done beards, goatees. I prefer the goat over a beard....my beard makes me look like I just walked out of some holler deep in the kentucky mountains..lol
as far as shaving my head.....no way. it keeps my head warm

Last edited by schumacher; 01-11-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Shaved Heads and Goatees