The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaved Heads and Goatees

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:33 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a very long (ZZ TOPS type) full beard and un-cut long hair. When I retired I decided to never cut them again cause I'm LAZY. I Could give a crap less what they look like or what fashion statement is made.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
scannerman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started shaving my head because I hated the Friar Tuck look, and have had facial hair ever since I could grow it, although now I shave the goatee in the summer but always keep the stach.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:48 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't have a shaved head but i recently went from very long to shaved with a #2 attachment, i also have a full beard, short and cropped. it's much easier and i can just shower and go, i guess my vanity days are behind me.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

high and tight with a full beard nowadays. it started in my early 20's. i had hair down to my *** and a weenie little beard. i shaved my head for a $20 bet. kept it shaved for years cause i got more tail than with long hair. but then i turned 30-something and got lazy. now i let it go 2-3 weeks at a time before buzzing my skull with electric shears.

i dont like standing in front of a mirror when i could be doing other things. the beat just kinda grows out of that situation.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've always had short hair, thanks to Army & police regs.
I'm free of both now, but old habits die hard.

I keep trying to grow it out, but I get that neck-length stage where the back starts to ducktail & it just barely goes over my ears but not enough to properly tuck behind them & it just drives me crazy.

I do the goatee thing on and off. I"ll grow it out for about 4-6 weeks and get tired of it & shave again. Then a couple months later I'll do it again.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
pcbertsch
Tourer

I'm bald by nature (plus cannot stand people who comb over).

I have a goatee when I can (wife lets me), mainly because I'm an old retired Navy Goat, and for many years had people telling me how to look.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:16 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

I've had a goatee since I got out of the Army. Was sprotin a flattop but in my line of work being on the road it's hard to find someone that can do a good flattop. Soooo.........bout 5 years ago I got tired of shitty cuts and decided to start shavin my noggin and have been a happy camper every since. No muss, no fuss. Takes about 2 mins to smooth it every day and it stays put all day with no spray.

What more could a guy ask for?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Arv
Road Captain

No Hair for 20 yrs, but have a full head of the stuff albeit salt N pepper
Coatees on N off for 15 yrs
I think shaved heads and goatees its a good image imo

Attached Thumbnails Shaved Heads and Goatees-dscf3205.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Older Biker
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IronAss
I've had a goatee since I got out of the Army. Was sprotin a flattop but in my line of work being on the road it's hard to find someone that can do a good flattop. Soooo.........bout 5 years ago I got tired of shitty cuts and decided to start shavin my noggin and have been a happy camper every since. No muss, no fuss. Takes about 2 mins to smooth it every day and it stays put all day with no spray.

What more could a guy ask for?
I had a flat top back in the 50's, then switched over to a DA. (ask the other gray beards what it stands for) Finally when the 60's rolled around, real long hair came into style for bikers and hippys. Since I did a lot of road trips for my old club, it just became easier to let it and my beard grow. Didn't have to worry about finding barber shops and men didn't use beauty shops back then.

Now, with the arthritis, it's really hard to raise my arms long enough to shave, so I just let it all continue to grow. Besides, my wife saw a photo of me once without my beard and made me promise to NEVER shave it off.
Let's just say, I have more then a few scars from a former lifestyle.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:41 PM
dano309
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've had my beard since 1972......now, it's turned gray from all the pee stain....

just might go wit a goat this spring.......but am keeping the womb broom (mustache).....lol

Quick Reply: Shaved Heads and Goatees