The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaved Heads and Goatees

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 01:18 PM
jwhardin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

biker fashion... who'd a thunk hair style was so important?

Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Chaparro78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had long hair. Bothers me. Being a Marine only reemphasized it. I used to go bald in the summer just because it means less maintenance. As a supervisor I keep hair year around but still very short. Have a beard or a goat because I look like a 20 yr old kid if I didn't.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:57 PM
mr880
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i started shaving my head when i graduated HS when i started getting the "widow peaks". rocked a goatee for years, until about 3 years ago i said screw it and grew a beard.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I can understand the shaving if you are losing it anyway. I don't know why some young guys shave their heads if they don't need to. They get that "five o'clock shadow" on their head...

I dig longer hair and beards on guys, but that's just me.

Really, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, as long as you like it. It's your head!

Old 06-06-2014, 02:10 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I would love to comment but I am running late for my pedicure

Old 06-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Betcha I've had more grab two handfuls and say " I love your hair "

The whole who has and who hasn't thing sucks I know guys we all gotta deal with the head we're dealt at birth , figure I'll wake some morning and all my hair will stay on the pillow when I get up , now if I can just figure out how to slow the gray without dying it I refuse to go there ..................
No worries, I think gray is sophisticated and sexy on guys ( and ladies too). No dying required!

Old 06-06-2014, 05:15 PM
EasternSP
Banned

Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Couldn't manage my thinning hair so one day in 2010, went to the barber and told her to shave it all off. Been without it since. Had the Fu going and kept it.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,954 Likes on 5,918 Posts

I shaved my head for years. Finally got tired of walking under cars and blistering my scalp on hot catalytic converters. The short hair I have now also provides a degree of protection against minor bumps and dings.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:34 PM
HaydenHeywoodHayes
Club Member
Received 112 Likes on 36 Posts

Like TZB and Dickey, my hair has always been thick and I've pretty much always worn it long. Ponytail half way down my back for years...I played in a couple three bands back in the day and kind'a kept the long-haired musician kind of thing going except for 4 years in the U.S. Air Force. Started growing it again the day I separated. I work for Uncle Sam, in a very public job that includes speaking to conference attendees several times a year. My Boss is my age and a cool lady in her own right and she doesn't care, just wants me to tie it good so I don't look like that mug shot of Nick Nolte when on stage...

Goatee too for 12 years. Grew a beard to **** off ex-wife #2 and now wife #3 likes it so it stays. I sometimes I don't shave, though, for several days and she does tell me when I'm getting scruffy...

Pretty lucky in that I'm 64 and the gray didn't really make much of an appearance 'til the last couple years. No dying...I'm happy it's still growing and don't care if it's gray or not. Adds character, TZB...

Old 06-15-2014, 09:44 AM
tazaroo
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Older Biker
Curiosity.
I have noticed a trend in recent years that more and more bikers are shaving their heads and wearing goatees.

When I started riding back in the 60's, we all wore long hair and some type of facial hair. I myself have worn a full beard ever since the 60's and still have my long pony tail, although the hair is starting to get a bit scarcer.

I know that with a shaved head, you don't have to worry as much about the wind blowing your hair, "that's why I tie my hair and beard when I ride. I also know that some bikers started shaving their heads for work, when companies started using hair for drug tests, but wearing the goatee would defeat the purpose of shaving your head. So, bottom line here, I would like to hear from people that have the shaved head and goatee to find out what the attraction is and why you personally started shaving your head.

I figure a couple of more years and I nature will remove all the hair on the top of my head, so I'll fit right in, but I don't really want to convert the beard over to a goatee and IMHO a bald head combined with a full extra long beard just doesn't look that cool.
The shaving the head for a drug test is a bit of an urban legend. Hair can be taken from anywhere on your body for a drug test. I keep my hair VERY short due to the fact that I wear a helmet. If my hair was any longer that a 1/4" I'd look like Crusty the Clown when I take my helmet off.

Quick Reply: Shaved Heads and Goatees