The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaved Heads and Goatees

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 03:41 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by MN_RoadKing
Same here. I had nothing on top and using a no.1 on the sides. On a business trip 3 yrs ago I met this crazy German girl. After a handful of beers we decided it was a good idea to go up to my room and shave it all off. The goat came in a few months later, the GF loved it, so it stuck.
Did you reciprocate and shave all of her hair off for her too??

Old 05-04-2014, 09:42 PM
MN_RoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRF
Wait a minute here... Go back a bit... Did you get to bang the crazy German chick?

Old 05-08-2014, 04:57 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,650 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Personally, I like the "Dave Mann" biker look. A crewcut, or a shaved head (unless you are bald) basically says "I give up. it's too much trouble to try & do something for my looks, so I'll just shave it & be done with it."

How would you guys feel if your women said the same thing?

Last edited by dickey; 05-08-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:00 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,650 Likes on 2,536 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
When I was younger, what is now commonly referred to as a goatee used to be called a 'Van Dyke'. A goatee was just the chin hair with no mustache while the Van Dyke combined the two.
And, pubic hair would be a Dick Van Dyke!!

Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM
MN_RoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dickey
Personally, I like the "Dave Mann" biker look. A crewcut, or a shaved head (unless you are bald) basically says "I give up. it's too much trouble to try & do something for my looks, so I'll just shave it & be done with it."

How would you guys feel if your women said the same thing?
My woman does shave it.

I'll tell ya too, I've had a fair share of women come up to me and want to touch/rub my head, followed by comments like 'we could have a lot of fun'. Just sayin.

Old 05-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Ape_Hanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Been rocking the shaved head and goatee since 1999 when I was 19 years old with a full head of hair and no street bike in the garage. The Harley didn't come until 2008. I rode cheap jap bikes for 8 years till I could afford the Harley.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by MN_RoadKing
My woman does shave it.

I'll tell ya too, I've had a fair share of women come up to me and want to touch/rub my head, followed by comments like 'we could have a lot of fun'. Just sayin.
Betcha I've had more grab two handfuls and say " I love your hair "

The whole who has and who hasn't thing sucks I know guys we all gotta deal with the head we're dealt at birth , figure I'll wake some morning and all my hair will stay on the pillow when I get up , now if I can just figure out how to slow the gray without dying it I refuse to go there ..................

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 05-11-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 PM
hornetguy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean you guys go bald with a goatee because you WANT to???
Hell, I thought it was a requirement to ride a Harley. Damn, I coulda kept my Peter Frampton/Goldilocks look.

Actually, I'm not shaved, just almost no hair all across the top. I keep the sides trimmed down to about a 5 on the clippers. I wear the goat for a while, then shave it for a while. It's optional. The stash? I haven't shaved that since the day I graduated high school back in the early 70's. Used to make me look like Burt Reynolds..... now I just look like, well... an old fat biker.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:38 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Started losing my hair at 27 shaved at 28 never really paid attention to guys haircuts but if other guys are doing it so be it. Gillette fusion works really good, the blades are too fuggin pricey though. I would still have long hair if I could still grow it but then I would be cleaning both the OL and my hair out of the tub and sink and I would end up getting tired of it and shave the OL's head.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:49 AM
union53
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

I don't recall when I started shaving my head. It's been quite a while although there have been short periods of time where I would let it grow out. In the end a shaved head is just easier all around especially under a helmet. I can remember racing and having my hair creep down over my eyes. Its annoying and distracting.

No goatee for me. They are too played out. It's full beard or nothing. Probably grow one in and shave it off two or three times a year. I also think its against the law to deprive people of my awesome red beard

Quick Reply: Shaved Heads and Goatees