The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone near Huntsville/Riverside TX. I havent seen a bike since I moved here

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 10:02 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone near Huntsville/Riverside TX. I havent seen a bike since I moved here

I relocated from Tampa Fl, for a Job at The hospital in Hunstville TX and havent seen a bike since I moved here, 3 days ago.....Man I am out in the sticks here....almost 20 miles to walmart/home depot

Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Ouroboros
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, a bunch of us ride. A lot of people come up from Houston to ride the back roads. Quite a few bike bars, all bikes welcomed but the HD's dominate. We also have a few indie shops. The local HOG chapter is huge and has quite a reputation as riders if that's your thing. And we have a real good Texas based group that organizes and meets for rides.

http://www.cutnshoothog.org/
http://www.twtex.com/forums/?
http://yankeestavern.com/
http://www.porkchopsicehousebar.com/

Last edited by Ouroboros; 12-19-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:42 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

well thats 4 days and i havent seen a bike yet.....all them hotties that like bad boys are gonna have to take turns on the back of my bike since I have the only bike around

Old 12-20-2010, 02:39 PM
texbiker
4th Gear

Looks like you might not get out much..Johnny...Around this area there are several places bikers hang. Hwy 149 is loaded with bikes every weekend running from Montgomery over to Anderson...1375 is usually heavy with bike traffic...You must not be looking in the right places...

Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Ouroboros
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
well thats 4 days and i havent seen a bike yet.....all them hotties that like bad boys are gonna have to take turns on the back of my bike since I have the only bike around

Oh, your talking bicycle, no we do not do a lot of that around here. What do you ride a Schwinn?

Old 12-20-2010, 04:22 PM
ruf361
Cruiser

+1 on Yankees, great ride out there as well

Old 12-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Ouroboros
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ruf361
+1 on Yankees, great ride out there as well
The better half and I left out of here Sunday afternoon and enjoyed a good burger at Yankees, passed by Drifters and there must have beem 50 "Bikes" there. Saturday I met up with 50+ riders in Crockett, 35+ miles North of Huntsville. I'm thinking he may be a bicycle rider.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Johnny, you are not 20 miles to Wal-Mart or Home Depot. They are both right in Huntsville. Check out American Ironhorse of Huntsville, they might be able to point you in the right direction on hooking up with some riders.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by gmcretz
Johnny, you are not 20 miles to Wal-Mart or Home Depot. They are both right in Huntsville. Check out American Ironhorse of Huntsville, they might be able to point you in the right direction on hooking up with some riders.
Ha ha...Bycycle...you guys are a regular clown act... I should clarify, I am in riverside texas (18 miles from Huntsville)....The only road I have driven is hwy 19 into Huntsville as I just moved here and have been busy setting up.....Maybe i am overreacting. I am not used to this small town feel...but then again maybe not, There is a volunteer fire department down the road from me, complete with what looks like 1960's fire trucks.....every time i ask someone about where something is, the answer is turn over there and drive fifteen or so miles until you cross the railroad tracks...etc etc etc

Old 12-21-2010, 08:13 AM
ruf361
Cruiser

What is Drifters, or where is it, havent heard of it. Yankees has a really godo steak sandwich, and both of the girls behind the bar were hot when I went. I wouldnt call it a "biker bar". Just a place where a bunch of people ride their bikes and drink beer on the weekends.

The ride through the national forrest was really enjoyable.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Huntsville/Riverside TX. I havent seen a bike since I moved here