The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1% info

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:39 AM
thirdruffian1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fat_tony
What some of the Internet tough guys on this forum don't get is 99.99% of us regular motorcycle riders, at least the mature adult ones, don't want to wear patches, don't want to hang out in seedy bars... What we do want is to be able to ride and enjoy the company of our friends.
(this is an honest question) WHO is stopping you from riding and enjoying the company of your friends?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:12 AM
wheel752
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Professor has spoken.....Wonder if he rides

Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdruffian1
(this is an honest question) WHO is stopping you from riding and enjoying the company of your friends?
You edited my original post to mean something different and then posted this question to the edited post. That was not the point I was making.

The point I made was that most motorcycle riders don't care about the 1% (actually something like ~0.001%) and don't feel we need to seek their approval, show them respect or bend to their wishes and we don't particularly admire them or want to be like them. I'm not being a tough guy here, just pointing out most people think differently than some 1% supporters on this thread think we do. We don't go out seeking out confrontations, and when we are confronted with threats or violence from anyone try and avoid it and call the cops and have the person charged with assault. We don't pull a gun or get into a fist/knife fight. Personally in 18years of riding I've never had a run in with anyone, nor has anyone I know nor do I expect to have one.

While I'm at it identifying yourself as a 1% biker means identifying yourself as a criminal - that is the definition of 1%. Most 1% bikers have a criminal record. Fact: 25% of the HA in my country are currently incarcerated. Three HA chapter leaders I can think of have received life sentences and one plead guilty to sexually assaulting a young male. The founder of the club has served a hefty amount of prison time for his involvement with the club. And we are supposed to respect this?

Last edited by fat_tony; 12-23-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM
fuzzy_math
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
The point I made was that most motorcycle riders don't care about the 1% (actually something like ~0.001%) and don't feel we need to seek their approval, show them respect or bend to their wishes and we don't particularly admire them or want to be like them.
If you really believe this then why do you seem to pop up in so many threads about MC's and remind the 1% that 99% feel like you do?

Maybe you're trying to convince yourself...?

Old 12-23-2010, 05:13 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To the OP. Thanks a lot dickweed for the brand new, none of us have ever seen it before info and also for the eye strain. Now, let's move along,,,, nothing to see here.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:37 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,316 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyflyboy
Did you get permission from the dominate poster to do that?
Now that's funny!