The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why accidents happen to motorcycle riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 02:34 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbnl163
If you are in that big of a hurry, why did you let them overtake you to begin with? Once they did, yes you are obligated to wait it out patiently until it is safe to pass. The fact you are even questioning this tells me all I need to know about riding next to you when you are in your cage.
it doesn't sound like a "being in a hurry thing" to me....I read it as these dipsticks blasting past a vehicle then changing lanes right in front of him and then drastically slowing down.

so your comment slamming the OP for being in a hurry tells me all I need to know about you

Old 11-25-2010, 03:40 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it just displayed the general attitude od a badass biker .. lol .. just move over and let em badass bikers through .. as they are waaaaaaaay more important than anything else on the road .... btw , my own club is guilty of this so i dont ride with them anymore .

the more I ride , the more i like my own company just fine .

Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Hey duluth ---- People like this jbnl163 **** me off. This group just, obviously didn't know how to ride. I'm with you. Nothing here was your fault, or something you should've done differently. Don't worry about this jbnl person. I'll bet he would've been pissed too, if he'd been in his car & another car passed & then slowed down.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Actually, I agree with him: the group captain was a doofus followed by other doofusses who didn't know when to abort a dangerous or inconsiderate move, and if the OP were in a hurry, would not have been overtaken anyway.
At least they wouldn't have overtaken ME. I might give leeway on the road for bikes or trucks (always) but wouldn't cut those guys any slack in here for their behavior either.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:25 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. I had a similar experience. I was in AZ riding in a large group and this slow MF'er doing the speed limit was breakling up our group. I wanted to kick him off the road.

lmao

Old 11-27-2010, 09:54 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

... My bigger beef is when a group wants to run in the fast lane to avoid the people exiting and doesn't even run a respectable speed...
Good thing you don't live in CA. I swear these people haven't a clue when it comes to lane etiquette (not differentiating between cars and bikes here). I've seen people get on the freeway, move to leftmost lane, and slow down. Sometimes even while the lane in front of them is wide open.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:41 PM
razzoo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have hated to have been one of those at the back of that pack who had to choose between remaining in the passing lane, (so the slow moving pack now blocks both lanes) or cutting off the guy in the truck. I would have been PO'ed at the leader for putting me in this position. IMHO: This is the sort of thing that causes road rage.

Rule 1: If you are going to pass (does not matter what you are driving or riding) you need to have enough speed so that the person being passed does not have to slow down, then maintain that speed. This kind of reminds me of the idiots that just have to pass you on a two lane road then stop to turn into a driveway.