The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POOP has hit the fan in NY...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
. . There is a small percentage of people who whine so loud they are making life difficult for all of us.

There ya go...+1

Old 12-29-2010, 12:53 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,630 Likes on 2,530 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
just means with our computers and component specific tunes, switching exhausts on and off is a PITA and will make the bike run like ****.
I have had 2 race tuned bikes, both with Screamin' Eagle loud pipes, and I put the stock exhausts back on both of 'em at different times just outta curiosity, without re-tun ing,, and the bike ran better than EVER with them! So I actually left 'em on!

Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

New York can change all the laws they want.

I'll never live there because the people talk funny.
You need loud pipes to drown that **** out. LOL
we don't talk funny, the rest of the country just listens weird.

. . There is a small percentage of people who whine so loud they are making life difficult for all of us.
a-f*cking-men.

Originally Posted by dickey
I have had 2 race tuned bikes, both with Screamin' Eagle loud pipes, and I put the stock exhausts back on both of 'em at different times just outta curiosity, without re-tun ing,, and the bike ran better than EVER with them! So I actually left 'em on!
lol nice, glad that worked out for ya.

i honestly don't understand the computers in the new bikes, was much more comfortable messing with the carb on my fatboy.

as far as this loud pipe bs...i'm making mine louder this winter so the rest of you schmucks can blame me when you get hassled by the local smokies in your podunk town.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Reichpapers
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up with the emergence of all the loud pipe haters? Are dealerships offering specials for Gold Wing trade ins? They had to have come from somewhere.

Jokes aside, the first thing my harley hating buddy always told me, is that you could hear the piece of **** Harley's coming from a mile away. I told him, that's the point.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:21 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Reichpapers
What's up with the emergence of all the loud pipe haters? Are dealerships offering specials for Gold Wing trade ins? They had to have come from somewhere.

Jokes aside, the first thing my harley hating buddy always told me, is that you could hear the piece of **** Harley's coming from a mile away. I told him, that's the point.
Its just the way society is headed. Noise restrictions are popping up everywhere. And once the govt gets involved everything gets all fu(ked up.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HAMM3R
why would you rev a bike at the lights????

Who knows, but I see it in Missouri ALL THE TIME. Some body with drag pipes running from stop light to stop light wide open.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=pottsy;7688826]
Originally Posted by jarhead59

There is a small percentage of bikes with pipes so loud they are making life difficult for all of us.
no its not a small percentage. its everyone. of all the bike riders i know i'm the only with stock pipes. and i know a LOT of bike riders.

my friends all whine everyone else is making all this noise and then they BLAP-BLAP-BLAP down the road with their hearing protection.

man up. own it. seriously.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 AM
Older Biker
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I'll man up and admit that I am the one that runs straight pipes and makes lots of noise and there have been MANY times that I was GLAD I had those loud pipes.

I used to use glass pack mufflers on cars, years ago when I actually drove a car. And I would even put a couple drops of oil in new mufflers to wear them out faster, so I could hear them POP when you let off the gas.

I also loved hearing the sound of straight pipes on a semi truck when I would throw on the Jake Brake coming down the mountain.

Now, I have straight pipes on THREE of my Harleys. The old shovel's. And YES, they do save lives, because over the years, they have saved mine numerous times. Not from cars, but from DEER and other animals.

See, I don't ride from traffic light to traffic light in some big city. I ride back country roads, day and night, week after week, coast to coast. I've ridden through New York, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California and Washington state as well as well as every other state in the continental US except maybe RI. During those rides, I've come around curves and spotted deer running away because they HEARD my pipes.

I've also seen COWS, DOGS, Armadillos and other animals in the middle of the road, move away, when hearing my pipes.So, unless you have been riding behind me and can testify that everything I have seen was a figment of my imagination, please don't TELL me that YOU KNOW the statement "Loud Pipes Save Lives" is a lie.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,518 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by Older Biker
OK, I'll man up and admit that I am the one that runs straight pipes and makes lots of noise and there have been MANY times that I was GLAD I had those loud pipes.

I used to use glass pack mufflers on cars, years ago when I actually drove a car. And I would even put a couple drops of oil in new mufflers to wear them out faster, so I could hear them POP when you let off the gas.

I also loved hearing the sound of straight pipes on a semi truck when I would throw on the Jake Brake coming down the mountain.

Now, I have straight pipes on THREE of my Harleys. The old shovel's. And YES, they do save lives, because over the years, they have saved mine numerous times. Not from cars, but from DEER and other animals.

See, I don't ride from traffic light to traffic light in some big city. I ride back country roads, day and night, week after week, coast to coast. I've ridden through New York, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California and Washington state as well as well as every other state in the continental US except maybe RI. During those rides, I've come around curves and spotted deer running away because they HEARD my pipes.

I've also seen COWS, DOGS, Armadillos and other animals in the middle of the road, move away, when hearing my pipes.So, unless you have been riding behind me and can testify that everything I have seen was a figment of my imagination, please don't TELL me that YOU KNOW the statement "Loud Pipes Save Lives" is a lie.
So that's you passing my house all the time. Damn it man, those pipes sound sweet