The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POOP has hit the fan in NY...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 07:33 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
you talk awfully tough online keyboard commando... i'm a veteran of this country, what are you besides a loudmouth? it's the fat blowhards sitting on their couches calling for war and calling other people out, but they've never gave anything to this country.

seriously though the right to keep and bear arms has nothing to do with every tom dick and harry carrying concealed weapons site unseen.

if you can't show competency with a firearm and you're emotionally unstable or suffer some other very common psychological disorder you shouldn't be able to carry concealed weapons. easy enough to understand, and most would say completely logical.
And, y'all wonder why New York has a guy running as the "Rent is too Damned High Party" candidate for Governor? Puuuleeeese make it stop!!

Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
And, y'all wonder why New York has a guy running as the "Rent is too Damned High Party" candidate for Governor? Puuuleeeese make it stop!!
your state gave us george bush and executes ret@rds so i wouldn't talk. i also couldn't buy beer when i stopped in texas, talk about a nanny state.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:35 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your state gave us george bush and executes ret@rds so i wouldn't talk. i also couldn't buy beer when i stopped in texas, talk about a nanny state.
Dude, please stop before you make a complete *** of yourself. Oops!! Too late.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Slow down, take a breath (maybe a Valium, too!), and think before you post inane comments such as this. You should have gotten out of this thread a long time back from what I've read.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:19 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Slow down, take a breath (maybe a Valium, too!), and think before you post inane comments such as this. You should have gotten out of this thread a long time back from what I've read.
valium? please, i don't take this board serious at all... why should i have gotten out? because i made actual coherent points instead of just ranting like a psycho? notice no one has actually bothered to argue my points only call NY a **** hole and call me a commie, even though i've given time in the marines for this country while the fat bastard who called me a commie never bothered to stand a guard and talks about killing NY'ers in some made up civil war part deux... yeah and i need the valium...

Old 10-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never cared for straight pipes unless I was at the all Harley drag races.
I don't like riding behind someone who runs loud pipes. Thankfully earplugs help keep the noise level bearable.

I used to shoot in the USPSA and you wouldn't feel as safe if you saw the avg. skill level of the LEOs that I saw compete and these were gun enthusiast.
Ever see a report of about 80 shots fired and the assailant was hit once?
The old spray and pray method.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:34 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
I've never cared for straight pipes unless I was at the all Harley drag races.
I don't like riding behind someone who runs loud pipes. Thankfully earplugs help keep the noise level bearable.

I used to shoot in the USPSA and you wouldn't feel as safe if you saw the avg. skill level of the LEOs that I saw compete and these were gun enthusiast.
Ever see a report of about 80 shots fired and the assailant was hit once?
The old spray and pray method.
Well if someone is shooting back at you, one does tend to get a little wild!!! Did you ever get shot by a target????

Last edited by mike5511; 10-24-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:47 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote=Tech23;7446325]
Originally Posted by Willie D

Problem is....these very people are the majority of those too preoccupied while driving to give a damn about anyone else on the highway. You said it yourself they don't like having to watch out for us.. They won't look in the mirrors or even signal at an intersection or for a lane change. They ARE however trying to hear who they are talking to on the cell phone.If my pipes alert them to my presence.I may live another day. When they completely ban cell phone use while behind the wheel, or at the very least enforce hands free use. I'll quiet the bike down some...right now it's the only peace of mind I have while riding amongst a public too busy to be behind the wheel.

As for the people offended by the noise while at home...what makes more noise a bike with pipes riding by, or the emergency vehicles coming to the scene of an accident?

Tech23
While I agree in Theory that your thoughts are good, and right, Unfortunatly, its not. Allow me to explain.

Todays cars have been engineered to reduce and/or elliminate outside sounds. Your loud pipes can't be heard anymore than my quieter ones can. If someone has a window open, then sure, they work wonders, but close that window, turn on the AC, and the Radio, WHILE talking on the phone (hands free or otherwise) and you would have to hit glass breaking loudness to be heard. So while new technologies, have made our cars safer, they have made the road more dangerous for motorcycle riders.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 AM
jarhead59
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=Trailfndr;7448372]
Originally Posted by Tech23

While I agree in Theory that your thoughts are good, and right, Unfortunatly, its not. Allow me to explain.

Todays cars have been engineered to reduce and/or elliminate outside sounds. Your loud pipes can't be heard anymore than my quieter ones can. If someone has a window open, then sure, they work wonders, but close that window, turn on the AC, and the Radio, WHILE talking on the phone (hands free or otherwise) and you would have to hit glass breaking loudness to be heard. So while new technologies, have made our cars safer, they have made the road more dangerous for motorcycle riders.
while what you say about soundproofing is true I promise you with my exhaust you will FEEL me rollin up. I know this to be the case because I have been told about it on multiple occasions

Old 10-24-2010, 08:58 AM
dcobra23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say something but it looks like all the bases been covered.

Quick Reply: POOP has hit the fan in NY...