The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POOP has hit the fan in NY...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
i own guns, several of them. do i feel the need to walk around with one all the time? no i don't.

i suppose i don't mind the law restricting who can and can't conceal weapons and walk around, because frankly the vast majority of society can't handle that responsibility. first off most people can't shoot worth a damn, so i don't want some dude who can't hit a 6x6 wall from 25 yards ever shooting a gun in public anyway. second a lot of people have depression, psychological disorders like borderline personality disorder, psychopathy etc... it's much more common than you think. one in every 20 people is a sociopath, do i want them armed and concealing weapons? of course not.

we're all for making people prove they can handle a bike before letting them on the road, but we just want to blindly let any a**hole with a shaky hand and anger management issues walk around with a concealed handgun site unseen, no test, no proof they can actually shoot the thing proficiently? it's bad enough we let every moron vote and procreate without proving they can handle it.
So Baba Lu, obviously there is no worry for as you state : "a lot of people have depression, psychological disorders like borderline personality disorder, psychopathy etc... it's much more common than you think. one in every 20 people is a sociopath, do i want them armed and concealing weapons? of course not."
Fortunately since you have knowledge that 5% of our society is sociopathic, it is a good thing all of the criminals realize it is not legal to carry guns and commit murders, robberies, rapes, etc. Good thing concealed carry is illegal, can you imagine how bad criminals would be!!!!!!??
Good to know there is always a LEO instantly available to stop assailants of say, your family, no need to get your own clothes messed up. I am also glad to be informed by you what the requirements (training, practice, re-certifying) are in states that (sanely) allow concealed carry of firearms.
Here is a bonus assignment for you. You think the average guy might not be a good shooter (I think you are probably not far off the mark there), well, google the accuracy capability of your average LEO, you might want to avoid being anywhere near the pointy of more than a few LEO's weapons.

BTW, former Federal LEO myownself.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

[quote=Trailfndr;7444871]I believe that the entire point of this threads begining, was simply to make everyone aware of the simple fact that things are changing. It matters not if you like it or don't like it. Its really not up to us, as we make up a far too small minority on the issue.

Loud pipe laws are being written all over the country, and that is not going to stop, regardless of what we do. People that do not ride, are complaining about us in droves. They don't like thier ears being blasted by our obnoxious pipes, they don't like the perception of us that they have developed over many years, and they don't like having to watch out for us on the roads.

We could have stopped this long ago, however, far too many of "US" decided that we simply don't give a damn about those we share this world with. We think its "Fun" to set of car alarms, "Fun to rev our motors at every opprotunity to enhance the image that others have of us as "Badasses"

Brothers, I don't give a damn what you think, where you live, or what you believe in, thats all up to you...BUT..when your ignorance and stupidity forces laws to be written that effect the rest of us...Than I call it like I see it...YOU are the problem..I'd much prefer to be a part of the solution.

We could slow this process...but I know that we won't. We are all too divided to do whats right, too self-centered and full of ourselves, to ever come togther as RIDERS, and show the people that we are not a bunch of badass troublemakers. We do good things, but while doing them, we promote the image of what people want to believe about us, instead of who we really are.

My pipes are not super loud...they are louder than stock, as are my wifes...we don't rev them in the neighborhoods, or in parking lots. We like the sound of our bikes out on the highways...and we KNOW that if we push those that don't ride, we WILL lose in the end. They outnumber us by at least 10-1 those odds aren't gonna change, and thier numbers are something we simply can't beat.

Its time to wake-up. Regardless of what state you are in, it WILL get to you eventually, just like the seat belt laws did...and then its far too late to stop it.

The days of the Badass riders hitting the open road, and enjoying the freedoms that we have in this country, are changing. We won't like the changes...but we also won't come togther to stop it.

We are our own worst enemy.[/quote]

Finally someone with some common sense . . . Thx

Old 10-23-2010, 10:44 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Willie D
But Why ? it sure don't make'um any faster

Just My Honest Opinion

well, seems like you went and answered your own question.

i have my way, you have yours.

funny how you don't see guys with loud pipes clamoring for the guys with stock exhausts to make em louder.

only the "sky is falling down and we're to blame" crowd trying to get everyone to see it their way.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Willie D;7445571]
Originally Posted by Trailfndr
I believe that the entire point of this threads begining, was simply to make everyone aware of the simple fact that things are changing. It matters not if you like it or don't like it. Its really not up to us, as we make up a far too small minority on the issue.

Loud pipe laws are being written all over the country, and that is not going to stop, regardless of what we do. People that do not ride, are complaining about us in droves. They don't like thier ears being blasted by our obnoxious pipes, they don't like the perception of us that they have developed over many years, and they don't like having to watch out for us on the roads.

We could have stopped this long ago, however, far too many of "US" decided that we simply don't give a damn about those we share this world with. We think its "Fun" to set of car alarms, "Fun to rev our motors at every opprotunity to enhance the image that others have of us as "Badasses"

Brothers, I don't give a damn what you think, where you live, or what you believe in, thats all up to you...BUT..when your ignorance and stupidity forces laws to be written that effect the rest of us...Than I call it like I see it...YOU are the problem..I'd much prefer to be a part of the solution.

We could slow this process...but I know that we won't. We are all too divided to do whats right, too self-centered and full of ourselves, to ever come togther as RIDERS, and show the people that we are not a bunch of badass troublemakers. We do good things, but while doing them, we promote the image of what people want to believe about us, instead of who we really are.

My pipes are not super loud...they are louder than stock, as are my wifes...we don't rev them in the neighborhoods, or in parking lots. We like the sound of our bikes out on the highways...and we KNOW that if we push those that don't ride, we WILL lose in the end. They outnumber us by at least 10-1 those odds aren't gonna change, and thier numbers are something we simply can't beat.

Its time to wake-up. Regardless of what state you are in, it WILL get to you eventually, just like the seat belt laws did...and then its far too late to stop it.

The days of the Badass riders hitting the open road, and enjoying the freedoms that we have in this country, are changing. We won't like the changes...but we also won't come togther to stop it.

But don't you understand that we are a bunch of 5% ers' ? Only 94% are not sociopaths, and that leaves the 1% ers.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:18 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I believe that the entire point of this threads begining, was simply to make everyone aware of the simple fact that things are changing. It matters not if you like it or don't like it. Its really not up to us, as we make up a far too small minority on the issue.

We are our own worst enemy.
Well said, and for what it's worth, I agree. (sorry for my momentary hi-jack)

Old 10-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=Willie D;7445571]

Problem is....these very people are the majority of those too preoccupied while driving to give a damn about anyone else on the highway. You said it yourself they don't like having to watch out for us.. They won't look in the mirrors or even signal at an intersection or for a lane change. They ARE however trying to hear who they are talking to on the cell phone.If my pipes alert them to my presence.I may live another day. When they completely ban cell phone use while behind the wheel, or at the very least enforce hands free use. I'll quiet the bike down some...right now it's the only peace of mind I have while riding amongst a public too busy to be behind the wheel.

As for the people offended by the noise while at home...what makes more noise a bike with pipes riding by, or the emergency vehicles coming to the scene of an accident?

Tech23

Old 10-23-2010, 03:41 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Ya see babalu, you are a frikken commie, I am okay with everyone and anyone carrying a gun, the dumbasses will get weeded out soon. I can no more wish somewones right to keep and bear arms be taken away than I wish your dumass commie self stop posting on the inetrnet. You have that freedom, but you keep persisting trying to take other freedoms away from people you deem ill fit. I hope your a commie/****, stays up there. Eventually your kind will force my kind to defend freedom and a lot of people will be sorry.

Originally Posted by babalu
i'm not just talking only concealed i'm talking carrying in general, my MOM can carry in 33 states and she has never fired her handgun yet. she went out and did this as some sort of protest. i shot with my mom in ireland and she almost killed the guy pulling skeet it was frightening.

the other dude in this thread may be able to shoot, but doubtful he would pass any psychological examination, he's an incredibly angry dude.

i don't have a problem with people carrying if they can show competency with a firearm and psychologically sound and i never meant to insinuate otherwise.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:29 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might be a good ides to specifically find out who and what party affiliation the "bill writers" are and post them. November is not far off... let your voice be heard. I did see one state, I believe was in CA it was a Democrat that authored the bill. We have fought and in some cases died to havbe that right to vote.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:06 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Ya see babalu, you are a frikken commie, I am okay with everyone and anyone carrying a gun, the dumbasses will get weeded out soon. I can no more wish somewones right to keep and bear arms be taken away than I wish your dumass commie self stop posting on the inetrnet. You have that freedom, but you keep persisting trying to take other freedoms away from people you deem ill fit. I hope your a commie/****, stays up there. Eventually your kind will force my kind to defend freedom and a lot of people will be sorry.
you talk awfully tough online keyboard commando... i'm a veteran of this country, what are you besides a loudmouth? it's the fat blowhards sitting on their couches calling for war and calling other people out, but they've never gave anything to this country.

seriously though the right to keep and bear arms has nothing to do with every tom dick and harry carrying concealed weapons site unseen.

if you can't show competency with a firearm and you're emotionally unstable or suffer some other very common psychological disorder you shouldn't be able to carry concealed weapons. easy enough to understand, and most would say completely logical.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:23 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

BUT you better hope you have baffles and none of those crap sounding straight drags on your scoot here!

what the hell is that supposd to mean? dont hate because you live in a redunkulous state...here in missouri WE CAN RUN THOSE "CRAP" DRAGS AND RUN THE SHYTE OUT OF THEM WITHOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE!!!!!

Quick Reply: POOP has hit the fan in NY...