The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikes, Blues & BBQ Everbody I saw seemed to have a great time! How about you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Bikes, Blues & BBQ Everbody I saw seemed to have a great time! How about you?

Despite my back keeping from a days attendance, I had a damn good time at the Bikes, Blues & BBQ charity event in Fayetteville, Arkansas this last weekend.
With this being a family oriented charity event with Three different venues, and a related car show at the mall, the crowding didn't seem to overwhelm save for Dickson St. Quite a different story there. No automotive traffic on this street for the whole event, and pretty much anyone who wanted a chance to drive through had their option of doing so.
Although I missed a few of the special events and activities, I couldn't have had a much better time. I saw vendors whom I never knew existed until then, and I know a pot load of money was spent as the vendors all had their bays and hands full every time I passed.

I got an update from the organizers and preliminary numbers for event goers was well in excess of 400,000! Like wow! I hope they can back that up! :-)
All I can say is I'm glad for the multiple venues and the most excellent back roads which I got to ride a few of. Hwy 16 & 23 were my favorites.
Their was an incident on the interstate which caused some serious back up problems, but other than that, all was well by me.
What were your impressions of the event?