The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have learned my lesson. A short rant.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010 | 08:59 PM
chopperglide
Advanced

"Nobody left to run with anymore, nobody left to do those crazy things we used to do before"

Old 10-05-2010 | 10:37 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hardwork2
Here are my rules for enroute
1)speed is 80 mph on the open road. traffic will dictate any change. after the trafficdelay its back to 80.
2) If you ride a metric or have loud *** pipes that is going to annoy the guy behind you..You get a lucky break you ride in the back.
3)If you got to stop the whole group before the scheduled stop for anything. (You know what you need to do When we are at the fuel stop go take a leak get a snack drink ect.)
Pull out a bottle of Bourbon and the offending party gets to have a shot.
4)Ride safely let the guy behind you know about roadkill debris laying in the road.
These are my basic. We're Harley Riders act like it. Not a a$$hole but a stand up guy.
I wonder how many of you'll would want to ride with me now?
Let's roll! At least you're honest.

Old 10-06-2010 | 08:19 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member

Big groups have always sucked to me. Too many personality conflicts for my taste, but I do like hanging with folks after the ride.

When I have ridden with large groups, I ride in the back; keeps me from having to tangle with the less experienced riders...if ya know what I mean.

Sounds like getting a non-refundable deposit would be the ticket for the next trip.

Old 10-06-2010 | 12:00 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member

LOL It sounds like your harley buddies are like mine. Excuses Give me a break. everytime It gets brought up for the past 10 years it is always left up to me to do the reservation itenerary ect. I try to plan around everyones schedule to find a date that nobody has commitments for that weekend. Its gotten to be a freakin nightmare. then half show up and I'm out extra cash.
Like somebody said I'm just going riding and let by everyone else do the same.
WTF happened to hard riding, hard drinking, looking to have a good time harley riders?
They got old....

Old 10-06-2010 | 01:41 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

About 4 couples or so is optimum to me. Easier to seat 8 for dinner than 10 or 12, no committe to make decisions. We usually don't get one house but pick a hotel, do a group reservation and tell them that they have to call and give their payment info to the hotel by two weeks from the ride or we call and cancel the remaining rooms. Where money is concerned, don't allow it to be an issue and there won't be any problems. WE also tell them to come to the starting point with a full tank and an empty bladder. Also when one fuels, all fuel.

Old 10-06-2010 | 07:05 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by frontiercat
When I have ridden with large groups, I ride in the back; keeps me from having to tangle with the less experienced riders...if ya know what I mean.
RC's I ride with it's the opposite: Captain and hard riders hit the twisties on or close to the pegs and beginners or slowpokes ride in back. We just wait at the other end for them to catch up.

Old 10-06-2010 | 07:37 PM
chromedome09
Road Master

LOL It sounds like your harley buddies are like mine. Excuses Give me a break. everytime It gets brought up for the past 10 years it is always left up to me to do the reservation itenerary ect. I try to plan around everyones schedule to find a date that nobody has commitments for that weekend. Its gotten to be a freakin nightmare. then half show up and I'm out extra cash.
Like somebody said I'm just going riding and let by everyone else do the same.
WTF happened to hard riding, hard drinking, looking to have a good time harley riders?
as stated they got old, or died, or are in jail, or quit the game.

I used to set up runs and parties, years back, all kinds of people would show up. Now I don't even bother with it. The ones I'd like to show up, don't, and the ones you don't want to be there, always show up.

Old 10-06-2010 | 08:32 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

Some of us got sober - and ride more than ever!

Old 10-09-2010 | 06:48 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain

Shower at LEAST once a week and don't be shy with the soap. Your friends will notice and come over to play more often.

Old 10-11-2010 | 06:33 PM
hardwork2
|
Road Warrior

Well 7 of the 12 showed had a blast.

Quick Reply: I have learned my lesson. A short rant.