The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vest, Patchs Color.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:49 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolbreeze
You can hide all kinds of neat stuff in the pockets of a vest! Hell, I consistently carry a carton of cigs, a pack of rolling papers, a couple of lighters, an alligator clip, a bottle opener, spare napkins, plastic forks, a beer coozie, extra ammo, a .45, a pair of brass knucks, a hawkbill knife, a roll of electrical tape, a small pair of pliers, a screwdriver, zip ties, a flattened roll of tp, and change for a $100 bill. I am sure there is something I left out lol!
The NRA makes some decent vests that have built in holsters, makes a nice way to carry a Ruger LCR I know...

Al

Old 09-07-2010, 09:55 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll say this much, and it's my opinion, we all know that one...

I used to think vests with a lot of patches was gay. I still do. But a vest with a few nice choice patches looks good. I came back from Iraq earlier this month, and came to the conclussion, F_CK what every one thinks, I'm putting some patches on my vest.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:30 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryFXST
I've never understood the purpose of a vest other than for colors. I don't see much of a practical purpose.
It keeps your shirt from riding up or flapping in the wind, it does block the wind so does help to keep you warm. Handy for carrying items. Does provide some level of protection from road rash and flying objects.
BTW: I don't wear a vest or patches.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I agree. Too many patches & pins and you start to look like the waiters at TGIF.
Most clubs have restrictions on what/where you can put your personal patches. The back of our cuts is off limits, as well as the upper (shoulder area) on the front, both sides. Most guys don't load up with all those nonsense patches, but save their space for a few good patriotic & brotherhood patches, plus the inevitable memorial ones.

Most over-the-counter patches are not an issue as far as color goes. I'd be more concerned about what they say than the color. But from what you posted, I'd doubt that anyone would ever have more than a nod of approval for you.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TitoFTW
You'll be fine.
When in doubt, approach a local MC member (respectfully and at the appropriate time) and simply ask these questions. They're just guys like the rest of us, and they'll most likely be glad to talk to you and school you on the meanings of different things since you're new.
In general terms only. I'd avoid specific questions about anything club-related. And if you're going to ask about your vest, hand it to them to look at before you put it on. If you're wearing it you have already told them you don't really care what they think.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

those look fine to me none of them look anything like the important ones you should think about

just don't do something like put a "support 81" patch or shirt on and ride through the middle of say Jacksonville LOL
that's the kind of stuff to worry about not what you have

Old 09-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Skydiver40
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never understood the purpose of a vest other than for colors. I don't see much of a practical purpose.
Good God man! There is another rider that thinks like me. No "Village People" costume for me, I wear a t-shirt, cut off camo shorts and my Vans. Oh and I always carry my off duty gun.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
LozoB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you care about anyone else and their opinion on what you wear? Unless it's 3 pice do what you want.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by El Rey
I'll say this much, and it's my opinion, we all know that one...

I used to think vests with a lot of patches was gay. I still do. But a vest with a few nice choice patches looks good. I came back from Iraq earlier this month, and came to the conclussion, F_CK what every one thinks, I'm putting some patches on my vest.
And nothing's changed...it's still gay..jmo

Old 09-07-2010, 01:28 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryFXST
Really? Seems pretty obvious for me. I wear one with no patches when it's too hot for a jacket and I put my gun, ammo, wallet, cell phone and anything else I have to carry in it, like I would with a jacket in cooler weather. Put that stuff in your pants pocket, if it will all fit, and you're going to lose some of it.

When I get around to it, I plan to sew the Harley "night vision" patches on my spare jacket and vest to make me show up better at night.

Quick Reply: Vest, Patchs Color.