The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trucks Passing Wind

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:05 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Both, of course.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
gdeese
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chicken and garbage truck got stuck behind now thats dirty wind

Old 09-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

I think I made a wrong turn in Albuquerque!

Old 09-12-2010, 06:04 AM
roadkinging
Advanced

blow or suck.... tell ya one thing.... if that tire blows on his 18 wheeler you will suck all the morphine outta that morphine drip if you live to tell about the tire cap that came flying at you when that phuker blew
never ride in the suck zone

Old 09-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Oldtigercub
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being passed by 18 wheelers sucks anytime you're on a bike. I just make a point to ride fast enough that I don't get passed by big trucks.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:00 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

We have in Holland Rotterdam (and in the vincinity Antwerp, Hamburg, Amsterdam en some other very busy ports and industrial areas like Ruhr district in Germany) one of the busiest and industrialized areas in the world. Tenthousands of containers are transported by road weekly. The haulers are very strong (Mercedes, Scania, Volvo, DAF etc) and drive easily 70 mph. You can not think what turbulence these busy traffic with haulers and cars will cause. Coming near from nehind to a train of these haulers the best thiing you can do is take them over as quick as you can, or otherwise you and your bike will be shaken for the next ten minutes or so. To meet another train of haulers three hunderd meters if front of the train you just have taken over. And on higways with three of more lanes these haulers start to take over each other, forming a front of two, three haulers next to each other and with only 0.5 or 1 mph diffrence in speed. Believe me, no nice thing to meet. Because the undisciplined cagers like to take them over too and start nearly to push your rear fender in their aggressive style of trafficing.
Time for me to take a break and to drink a cup of coffee in a gas station till the morons have passed by..

Old 09-20-2010, 07:14 PM
SoALposer
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bart van der Meulen
We have in Holland Rotterdam (and in the vincinity Antwerp, Hamburg, Amsterdam en some other very busy ports and industrial areas like Ruhr district in Germany) one of the busiest and industrialized areas in the world. Tenthousands of containers are transported by road weekly. The haulers are very strong (Mercedes, Scania, Volvo, DAF etc) and drive easily 70 mph. You can not think what turbulence these busy traffic with haulers and cars will cause. Coming near from nehind to a train of these haulers the best thiing you can do is take them over as quick as you can, or otherwise you and your bike will be shaken for the next ten minutes or so. To meet another train of haulers three hunderd meters if front of the train you just have taken over. And on higways with three of more lanes these haulers start to take over each other, forming a front of two, three haulers next to each other and with only 0.5 or 1 mph diffrence in speed. Believe me, no nice thing to meet. Because the undisciplined cagers like to take them over too and start nearly to push your rear fender in their aggressive style of trafficing.
Time for me to take a break and to drink a cup of coffee in a gas station till the morons have passed by..

Sounds like Atlanta Georgia to me, lol. Have seen the same in this area too.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:18 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's grass and water...It only smells like Sh%t..

Old 09-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the spoiler on top of the truck cab that makes the difference. The long haul trucks mostly have them, but local trucks don't. Unless you mean you're being passed by a truck going in the same direction, and I have no experience with that.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
Here's the question for HDForum readers...

When an 18-wheeler passes you on a windy day, going 80-85 miles per hour, does it blow or suck?

To answer your question, I've never been blown or sucked while going 80-85 miles per hour on my motorcycle so I can't speak from experience. However, I am now adding that to my 'bucket list'.

Quick Reply: Trucks Passing Wind