The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to helping fellow riders out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM
AzDesertTroll
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My point was not GPS or no GPS......was more a statement that the advertisement showed a rider leaving a fellow rider stuck with a problem on the side of the road. Just struck me as the wrong message to send out........ IMO

Old 08-02-2010, 08:19 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
Men dont get lost, We explore.
LMAO!!!! true, very true

Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
chromedome09
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's just a dumb ad video.. they are trying to play upon peoples insecurites of looking like a fool while on your bike... It's probably put together by an ad firm with BMW riders. lol

My cell phone is GPS capable.. I don't have the app set up (cost extra) and I don't need it either. I can always find my way home.
If they are broke down and need help I'll stop.. If a dork and his woman are arguing on the side of the road over a map... No way am I getting in the middle of that trouble.. well Unless his woman is extremely hot looking (worth the fight) and looks like she'd leave to ride on my bike.. hehehe.

Last edited by chromedome09; 08-02-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sat broke down for four hours, before the wrecker showed up - I had a cell ph and SERVICE. It was the end of Laconia Bike Week. Saw hundreds of bikes and trailers go by. The guy that stopped? Young local dude in a VW Jetta. Last day of the big rally, everybody is hurrying home. Did have 2 or 3 riders look in for the thumbs up
Any other day, I expect I would have had some riders stop.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:33 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome09
it's just a dumb ad video.. they are trying to play upon peoples insecurites of looking like a fool while on your bike... It's probably put together by an ad firm with BMW riders. lol

My cell phone is GPS capable.. I don't have the app set up (cost extra) and I don't need it either. I can always find my way home.
If they are broke down and need help I'll stop.. If a dork and his woman are arguing on the side of the road over a map... No way am I getting in the middle of that trouble.. well Unless his woman is extremely hot looking (worth the fight) and looks like she'd leave to ride on my bike.. hehehe.
Your phone is not GPS capable if you don't have cell service. Not unless you have a satellite phone. That's where the new Spot tracker is pretty handy. If your in the middle of nowhere without cell service and need help, you can send a message. If you should happen to hit a deer or run wide in a curve and go off the road in the middle of nowhere without cell service, you can send a 911 SOS satellite alert. The Spot will send your GPS location to the authorities. Plus, with the tracking feature, my wife can track me in real time anywhere in the world. If something should happen, they know where to start looking.
www.findmespot.com

Old 08-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Plus, with the tracking feature, my wife can track me in real time anywhere in the world. www.findmespot.com
And how is that a good thing?
LOL
just kidding, sounds like a good safety tool.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:00 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

for $999.99 you could hire a damn tour guide

Old 08-03-2010, 11:28 AM
WESeib
Cruiser

Screw that.
I always stop.
Always.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior

Flat tire in the mountains. Had cell phones but no signal. Made a sign "Send Ranger" and held it up to passers by. 100's of cages and even more 100's of bikes passed by in both directions. Alot of bike riders gave us the wave. Not a damn one even attempted to stop. I personally dont belive in the "I always stop" story.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 PM
chromedome09
Road Master

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Your phone is not GPS capable if you don't have cell service. Not unless you have a satellite phone. That's where the new Spot tracker is pretty handy. If your in the middle of nowhere without cell service and need help, you can send a message. If you should happen to hit a deer or run wide in a curve and go off the road in the middle of nowhere without cell service, you can send a 911 SOS satellite alert. The Spot will send your GPS location to the authorities. Plus, with the tracking feature, my wife can track me in real time anywhere in the world. If something should happen, they know where to start looking.
www.findmespot.com
my phone is not GPS capable either because I don't pay for it. I don't need it. I 've been riding and driving around since 1976 without that crap. I have always found my way home so far anyways.

I'll stop if I can. I don't carry to many tools around on the bike, I have a cell phone, they could use (if service is available). I could give them a ride (if they want to ride on the fender). I do stop sometimes, not all the time lately.. not much I can do for em.

Last edited by chromedome09; 08-03-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: What happened to helping fellow riders out?