The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STURGIS, Sturgis, or sturgis?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STURGIS, Sturgis, or sturgis?

"Goin' to sturgis this year?"

Well, of course I am. But I'm not going to STURGIS. South Dakota is too far away, takes too much time, costs too much money. I'll wait for the movie (all the ugly chicks are edited out).

And I'm not going to Sturgis (AKA Sturgis Minor, Junior Sturgis, L'il Sturge, Sturgis The Usurper) 'cause there's too much traffic in Tennessee. B'sides, when you get back from Tennessee's version of Sturgis, you're likely to find a summons waiting for you (dont'cha just love how Sturgis Major competes?).

Nope, I'm going to sturgis south, in Sturgis, Mississippi (Aug 19-21). It'll have everything...funnel cakes, fried jalapenos, big-boobie manequins, helicopters, and enough junk for sale to keep you entertained for a couple of hours. Oh, yeah...music, nudity, and excessive force. But that stuff usually happens after dark.

Watch for me. I'll be hanging out in the air conditioning at the Biker's Depot.

Roo!

Old 07-26-2010, 10:37 AM
lambchopp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep i cant wait.. the dinner ride is one of my favorites

Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds fun. How many bikes are usually there? What are the temps during that time?

Old 07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
bikercrap
Banned

Air conditioning at a bike rally? don't tell my ol lady, she'll want me to install one in the tent!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 PM
hiplainsheritage2
Advanced

There is only one Sturgis. The rest are just cashing in on the fame of the original.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:45 PM
lambchopp
Cruiser

last year at mississippi's 'sturgis' over400 bikes rode the dinner ride on friday,including yours truly, twice as many remained in town. there were more bikes in town on saturday than on friday* This is my personal opinion* the ride was 86+ MILES. residents on the route line the highways with US Flags from start to finish..

Old 08-15-2010, 02:56 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member

This year, I am going to Sturgis, Mississippi for the first time... hope to meet up with some of you guys. Should be fun!

Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

Hopin' for a decent sturgis. I'll be there along with the entire Evil Biker Gang and possibly a pretty blonde EBG prospect who now owns Dirty Betty, which has been slammed and now is called Low Down Betty. Miz Roo is scheduled to have my Laig-and-Hip Doctor look at her foot on Friday. My money sez he'll look at it from the inside, which'll make driving her "new" '04 1200 on Saturday a mite challenging. I offered to let her ride two-up with me, which should be acceptable seein' as to how we're married and all, but she said something 'bout not bein' able to get absolution until Sunday at the earliest so no thanks. But even if have to hitchhike, I'll be in sturgis on Saturday, hidin' away in a corner of the Biker Depot. Stop by and make me feel famous!

Roo!

Old 08-15-2010, 06:20 PM
oppirs
Road Warrior
Thumbs down tom

sorry roo tom was me not you

Old 08-27-2010, 01:20 PM
lambchopp
Cruiser

sturgis '10 is over, but country day is tomorrrow. in union mississippi.

Quick Reply: STURGIS, Sturgis, or sturgis?