The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only cry baby

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:15 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't mind weather really, i ride in the cold, heat, rain, unless it's snowing or ice i ride. i actually prefer bad weather because the roads are empty. on a beautiful sunny day i tend to like to b-b-q or hang out in the pool rather than fight traffic on my bike.

i get up early in the heat, and ride later in the cold...

Old 07-10-2010, 07:23 PM
FXSTCRYDR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the heat. Grew up in MA, and those winters are still haunting me. Still trying to make up for all that snow and cold.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:24 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

in the heat it is best to drink water
most other drinke with cafean will dehydrate u
the water makes u sweet and that helps cool u
and yes u get wind burnt a long sleeve shirt does help with burn and holds sweet that cools

rain florida u are going to get wet u have good tires and just ride

Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftharder
Last year I did`nt put many miles on my scoot cause it rained - this year the heat in the east is killing me - even at speed on the freeway it`s brutal - I find I`m using the car more cause of the air.

Am I the only ***** here?
I've been without for three years due to a wreck. I got a call today that my new ride's mock-up is coming along nicely...But I won't be able to pick it up until December.

GO RIDE! **** on the heat! I miss riding in the heat, in the cold, in the rain! I'd take ANY ride right now.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
I've been without for three years due to a wreck. I got a call today that my new ride's mock-up is coming along nicely...But I won't be able to pick it up until December.

GO RIDE! **** on the heat! I miss riding in the heat, in the cold, in the rain! I'd take ANY ride right now.
I hope you are riding very soon!

Old 07-10-2010, 09:50 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

You learn to deal with it. I ride in rain, heat, and high wind, and on occasion all three. The only things I don't ride in are snow and ice. When it is very high heat 100* plus, (most of the summer) I wear a hydration vest or a hydration jacket. The air across the water tends to cool it down a little bit.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Rabon
Novice

I hear what your saying, it hit 74 degrees yesterday and I rode without thermal underwear for the first time this year.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:24 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Oooh, Boo Hoo,
It hits 100 degrees on the right coast, what, once or twice every 2 or 3 years for a few days and then slacks off for the rest of the year. Come on out to where the real heat and humidity is at, in the midwest. We ride year round.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:18 AM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

During a heat wave, I like to ride in the early morning before it gets too hot. Then I'll go for a "cool off" ride in the late evening or night time. This depends though, on how much I've had to drink during "happy hour". But, I also ride to and from work, so coming home at 5pm can be quite brutal with the heat of the pavement, the exhaust of the Dodge Ram 2500 that seem to like to surround me and the heat radiating into my right leg when I'm at the monster intersection that seem to take hours to change. Did I mention the Ram 2500 that's right beside me spewing crap from that 8 inch diameter pipe sticking out near my face!!!!! LOve it.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 AM
wiredwilly
Tourer

we welcome a rain shower just to cool us off. It's been in the 90s since early June here with a heat index in the 100+ with tropical humidity. So I have to go with puss also.
I would rather the heat than the snow

Quick Reply: Am I the only cry baby