The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just found out the heritage and deluxe are chicks bikes!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:46 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Here's the thing about comparisons... Back when I started playing electric guitar for money, Fender guitars were the ****, and every few years Leo would bring a new model out, sorta like cars. The first one -- the Broadcaster/Telecaster was pushed into the background even thought they still made them. People called them rhythm guitars, not for lead.

By 1963 the top model was the Jaguar with a shitload of switches and other worthless stuff, but the kids HAD to have them. Meanwhile blues and country pickers stayed with the Teles and the Strats cause -- well -- they sounded better.

Same with a Harley. Sure there are faster bikes, but going fast on the streets gets old after a while. The Harley clones from Yamaha and etc might have some cool features, but they don't have the soul and they are missing a whole bunch of the taste.

If you cannot grock (haven't seen that word lately have ya? -LLL-) why Harley bikes -- warts and all -- aren't the P-E-R-F-E-C-T means of transportation for human travel, I cannot help you.

But for those that can, well all you'all have a good time tearing up the countryside with yer Ducati's, Suzuki's and Beemers. Have fun! We'll leave the porchlight on...

Old 07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
Here's the thing about comparisons... Back when I started playing electric guitar for money, Fender guitars were the ****, and every few years Leo would bring a new model out, sorta like cars. The first one -- the Broadcaster/Telecaster was pushed into the background even thought they still made them. People called them rhythm guitars, not for lead.

By 1963 the top model was the Jaguar with a shitload of switches and other worthless stuff, but the kids HAD to have them. Meanwhile blues and country pickers stayed with the Teles and the Strats cause -- well -- they sounded better.

Same with a Harley. Sure there are faster bikes, but going fast on the streets gets old after a while. The Harley clones from Yamaha and etc might have some cool features, but they don't have the soul and they are missing a whole bunch of the taste.

If you cannot grock (haven't seen that word lately have ya? -LLL-) why Harley bikes -- warts and all -- aren't the P-E-R-F-E-C-T means of transportation for human travel, I cannot help you.

But for those that can, well all you'all have a good time tearing up the countryside with yer Ducati's, Suzuki's and Beemers. Have fun! We'll leave the porchlight on...
I grock you (RHL) and for sure it ain't all about goin' fast, and my Harley is my favorite bike in the stable.... KTM950 Adventure, Ducati S4RS Monster, Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, Husqvarna TE450; but it sure is nice to twist the wrist on my Monster on a freeway onramp and absolutely rocket ahead onto the superslab, or pass cars on the suberslab or in the mountains like they just threw anchors out..... then take the beast out to the track for a trackday. Yeah it ain't a comfy cruiser likde the Harley.

Harleys are like my old Trawler, it could cruise about a week at 8 knots, or I coould open her wide open and slice through the waves at 10 knots for about 5 days. It sure got old with the modern cruisers blasting by at double and triple or even more times my speed.....but yeah my old school yacht was sure comfortable, ya just had to be patient to get anywhere.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Yeah, my Hayabusa goes pretty quick too...

Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
ToXiK
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I laughed when I read the start of the thread..Funny I guess, cause I lost a job because I told my boss sportsters were a chick bike. ((Long Story)) anyway,..I thought he had a v-rod,..it scared him so he bought an 883. I really offended him. 3 days later..we are scaling back the training department,...(by one!)
Whatever I still love to fire up my wife's Sporty and ride around sometimes..even though whe tells me I look like a monkey F*c*ki#g a football.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Reblyel
Advanced

My GF wouldnt take anything for hers!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 AM
09msdeluxe
Stage I
Default Chick Bikes.

I was looking through some of the Galleries and saw CHICKS on Street Glides and Road Glides and Ultra Classics, all diffrent kinds other than Deluxes, so i don't believe that the Road Glides and Street Glides are Chick Bikes, be safe and ride what fits YOU the best, you need to be comfortable.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:51 AM
rangehopper
3rd Gear

Don't let others intimidate you, that's gay.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some asshat at work never owned a Harley, gets a Heritage and becomes johnny badass. He tells his friend Sportsters are girls bikes and pisses the guy off,(he was considering a Sportser).
I rode my ex's custom 1200 in and the guy went ahead and got a 883.

Some need to put down others to inflate their own self worth.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Ogbai
5th Gear

Hot chicks look good on any HD doesn't matter what model....

Old 07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
JoshuaCannon
Cruiser

Vrod and the Rocker can be gray or womens catagoried

Quick Reply: just found out the heritage and deluxe are chicks bikes!