The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one who...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 PM
chromedome09
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes , you are the only one.. keep up the good work.. ride it just like the safety book says to. You are setting a fine example for others to follow..............Not me... but others might.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't just wave at other bikes... I wave at people cutting their grass. I ride my Dyna through curvy downhill runs with no hands, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, I don't have any Honda gear, and I'm pretty sure I don't qualify to be in your group.

You're on your own with this one.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:04 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you the only one that is out there riding looking like a DORK?.....

YES!!!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Fullthrottle02
Intermediate

I would have to say yes. Seems a little over kill, but if thats the security you need to get out and ride so be it.

My safety equipment includes jeans, boots, and a helmet, along with LOUD pipes. .

Everyones different

Old 06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well there may be one more, but he is hiding and not coming out of the closet.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:11 PM
DocJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by DeluxeHog05
I would hardly say he's a troll.

I have seen MANY people do this, and ride like that. I'm pretty sure we've all seen threads like this, especially regarding AGATT (All Gear, All The Time). People around here do it, and I don't know how. It gets so hot, even here in MO, that I have to wear short sleeved shirts. I'd rather not suffer heat stroke as well. However, I do wear jeans and Full-Face at all times.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Hellcat1
Advanced

Please, PLEASE i'm begging you! Post a picture up here of you wearing your honda jacket and brightly colored padded safety pants on an Ultra with red grips and apparantly no luggage or windshield with a jimmy rigged exhaust. Even better yet, make it an action video so we can see you not waving for fear of losing control and crashing! I swear, i've read the funniest **** on this forum today.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:16 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DocJ

I have seen MANY people do this, and ride like that. I'm pretty sure we've all seen threads like this, especially regarding AGATT (All Gear, All The Time). People around here do it, and I don't know how. It gets so hot, even here in MO, that I have to wear short sleeved shirts. I'd rather not suffer heat stroke as well. However, I do wear jeans and Full-Face at all times.
And I have seen a few around here do it, BUT they were all WINGERS, you know the over paid executives that thing they can become cool if they ride, but their wives won't let them ride if they are not wearing all of the gear all of the time.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by DocJ

I agree. I see literally dozens of bikes every day in season with riders in ATGATT even in the heat. I don't know how they do it, but it isn't for me.

Clearly this guy marches to the beat of a different drummer. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream. I know a rider at church that always wears a day-glo vest when riding his Harley.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
DocJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
And I have seen a few around here do it, BUT they were all WINGERS, you know the over paid executives that thing they can become cool if they ride, but their wives won't let them ride if they are not wearing all of the gear all of the time.
Ditto. Usually, you only see that with the metric crowd. I wonder why the over paid executives don't want Harleys? lol. Regardless, a LOT of Ultra riders seem to ride in shorts and Hawaiian shirts around here, while the Wingers do the AGATT. It's pretty funny stuff!

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who...