The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What model do MC Members Ride Most?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:50 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also remember most club members put on TONS of miles. I met a guy the other day with over 50K miles on an 09. it was a bagger! Now 50k in a few months on a dyna? There is probably a special piece of flash for that!

Last edited by AThousandHurricanes; 06-12-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Just like me to **** off the Pope and then leave the scene. Sorry to miss all the fun but I went for a ride around the lake, had some lunch, mowed the yard and then decided to log on and see wasup... To the OP, my original comment was a nod to those before me, and echoed after, as to the redundancy of the post, not a 'flame' on the poster. My responce to your retort was just that, glad you found it more worthy of your consideration. Contrary to the assumption that there would be no posts if each post were relevant to us all, there is a forum here and it's evedenced every day, even though not in every thread. My soap box is getting old and creaky, like me, so thanks for your indulgence and let the games begin. Pop corn anyone ?

Old 06-12-2010, 07:25 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to live in San Francisco and alot of the HAs rode FXRs. They had their national run in this area last summer, and there seemed to be a mixture of Harleys, but mostly touring models and FXRs.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:30 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Victory?

Old 06-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sucherman
To the OP, my original comment was a nod to those before me, and echoed after, as to the redundancy of the post, not a 'flame' on the poster. My responce to your retort was just that, glad you found it more worthy of your consideration.
I apologize for being an a$$ earlier, just a lot of negative **** going on here. I read your reply the wrong way and it set me off. It sounds like you enjoyed your ride. Hopefully, I can get a ride in tomorrow.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I hate it when this happens.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:03 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hard question.... different MCs have differnent preferences and it differs depending on what part of the country you are in. West coast HA tend towards dynas and baggers but different clubs ride softails or whatever.......

the softail bashing you hear comes from many people being tired of the RUB invasion. For whatever reason these guys gravitate overwhelmingly to softails; tend to know next to nothing about harleys but spout off about the superiority of their bikes, their chaps, their fingerless gloves etc etc etc..... I dont think most people have anything against softails per se but its the people who ride them that have tainted them.

Plus - what better bike for a poser to ride that a bike that is itself posing as something it isn't (a hardtail)?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
Garbage Barges, 'cause most of the ones I'm around are into the geezer era of their lives! 'Cept for Brother Redleg (Dynagirl WG) and Brother Provo (V-Rod), but they're just weird!
Bwaaahahahahahahahahaa!

Old 06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well there aren't any MC clubs up North here, no Harley clubs anyway other than BRO and HOG and maybe a couple others that I don't really pay attention to. Although I do see alot of Deckers and Dynas when we're on our treks. Amoungst our riding crew though there mostly EVO's.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:10 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly, Ive read somewhere (cant remember where) FXR was the bike of choice in the 80s

Quick Reply: What model do MC Members Ride Most?