The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a biker or a motorcyclist.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
desert drifter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you a biker or a motorcyclist.

The way I see it is a biker is a man/woman who uses their bike on a day to day basis even to get milk or newspaper, and then will take a daily or more than five or six times a week ride out, and will do long ride outs over the year.

I don't believe in a riding season, any day, any week, any month is a riding day.

A motorcyclist is a man/woman who will only use the bike in fair weather and the so called “riding season” or use their bike for work and or just pose, the sort of people who advertise a bike for sale after they have had it for two years or so and are proud of the fact it has only done 500 dry riding miles.

I'm not judging anyone here, I don't care what you ride or how big the engine is as long as you ride just interested in what others think.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:53 PM
sonoffatboy
Tourer

neither..

just and old harley rider...

Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Jade Dragon
Cruiser

Just a guy that enjoys his bike whenever he gets a chance and that is not often enough. If I didnt have others to haul around I'd use it much more than I already do. Thats a fact. Im glad for everyone who can ride it all the time though. Enjoy!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What would you consider I am? I put an average of 13000 miles a year on my scoot and mostly ride weekends and a 1 week vacation a year. Just came off a one week ride with 1700 miles. I am a business owner and maybe ride it to work 70 mile round trip once or twice every couple of weeks. I ride until the temps drop below 40 but have ridden in freezing temps several times. I do not take it out when it is raining but get caught in the rain more often than I like to. I do go to the store on it as often as possible or I will ride down the street to a friends house to say hello. Am I a biker or a motorcyclist.

Last edited by Cajun King; 06-07-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:01 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well depends on who ya be asking see, to my kids im a biker, to the cops a headache, to the local ladies a hottie with a harley, to thier boyfriends a nightmare

Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good grief, another real biker vs. poser thread.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
waterbuffalo750
Intermediate

Originally Posted by desert drifter
The way I see it is a biker is a man/woman who uses their bike on a day to day basis even to get milk or newspaper, and then will take a daily or more than five or six times a week ride out, and will do long ride outs over the year.

I don't believe in a riding season, any day, any week, any month is a riding day.

A motorcyclist is a man/woman who will only use the bike in fair weather and the so called “riding season” or use their bike for work and or just pose, the sort of people who advertise a bike for sale after they have had it for two years or so and are proud of the fact it has only done 500 dry riding miles.

I'm not judging anyone here, I don't care what you ride or how big the engine is as long as you ride just interested in what others think.
You don't say where you're from? I live in Duluth, MN. There is definitely a riding season, lol. BUT, when it is above freezing, my bike is my main mode of transportation. I ride to work every day unless it's raining, I can't be soaking wet while I help customers of course. I don't go ride just to ride very often, I'm too poor for that right now, lol. I guess I'm not a big fan of labels, call me what you wanna call me.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:06 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh goody...another real biker thread.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:06 PM
piperbob
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

I am an enthusiast.

Bob
97 Heritage

Old 06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
Good grief, another real biker vs. poser thread.

Just what I was thinking.

Quick Reply: Are you a biker or a motorcyclist.