The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a biker or a motorcyclist.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Slopneck
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would consider myself a "hard-core biker"! I ride at least 3 times per year (as long as it's 83 degrees, with 25% or less humidity and no clouds). I usually ride up to the local biker bar (Sonic burger joint about 2.4 miles from my house) with my leather vest on. My vest is full of patches....bad azz ones. My latest one commemorates my visit to the Atlantic Beach Chess Rally. Anyway, so after hanging at the Sonic for 20 minutes or so, I fire up the Hog (She's a sweet Vespa) rev the motor and burn *** out of there. From there I head home cause we're usually having corned beef and cabbage and I don't wanna miss that!!

So all you "poser's" just either run with the big dogs or run with the porch...wait...I mean run with the porch...or stay on the.....aww forget it! Just man up like me!!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default discrimination

Originally Posted by desert drifter
The way I see it is a biker is a man/woman who uses their bike on a day to day basis even to get milk or newspaper, and then will take a daily or more than five or six times a week ride out, and will do long ride outs over the year.

I don't believe in a riding season, any day, any week, any month is a riding day.

A motorcyclist is a man/woman who will only use the bike in fair weather and the so called “riding season” or use their bike for work and or just pose, the sort of people who advertise a bike for sale after they have had it for two years or so and are proud of the fact it has only done 500 dry riding miles.

I'm not judging anyone here, I don't care what you ride or how big the engine is as long as you ride just interested in what others think.
Sounds like you are trying to use semantics to discriminate for personal reasons. Or that you are trying to make a case of someone who rides the very same few miles, back and forth, commuting every day over the very same route, being more of a genuine rider (for whatever reason) than someone else who takes a long road-trip every month or so, when time permits.

Using your bike to pickup a newspaper would not raise my opinion of you as a rider. Neither does riding a few miles every day, year-round, because you may happen to have better weather than most other riders, or because you can't afford a car.

Motorcyclist and biker are synonymous.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:30 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ride.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
desert drifter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbuffalo750
hahahahahaha, dude, don't come here talking about people being less of a biker for not riding all year long. Your "winter" is 30 degrees fahrenheit?? Try -20 degrees F and a few feet of snow. That is a full 50 degrees less than you have. So let me put it like this... add 50 degrees to my winter, and I am sitting at 30. Add 50 degrees to your winter, you're sitting at 80.
hey read what I posted I never said anyone was less of a biker, I dont care what, when, what you ride just interested in what others think.

yea and I know it is a lot colder in other places.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Harley, leather (vests/jackets/chaps) and have seen a few episodes of Sons of Anarchy...therefore I am a biker. But then again, I work full-time, pay taxes, respect the laws of the land (mostly...I might let her breath every now and then) and am generally friendly to all. So I'm a motorcyclist, but with a Harley addiction. OMG, I'm BI-CYCLIST!!!

You Sporty guys kill me with some of your posts.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Motorcycle enthusiast, enjoy the solitary of me and my hd. Im 52 yrs old. if its below 52 deg. Im taking the truck...

My favorite things in life:

Beer
Harley
my "old lady"
6 cyl. Cummins engines

(not necessarily in that order)

Old 06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master

I have been riding on and off road motorcycles for over 35 years, but I still take my truck to the store if it's raining. So I guess I'm not a real biker. Besides, I doubt a 24 pack of TP is going to fit in my saddle bags.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:43 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ynots
Motorcycle enthusiast, enjoy the solitary of me and my hd. Im 52 yrs old. if its below 52 deg. Im taking the truck...

My favorite things in life:

Beer
Harley
my "old lady"
6 cyl. Cummins engines

(not necessarily in that order)
we all know CAT is the only real diesel

Old 06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Scorpion07
I'm a biker/motorcyclist/rider!

Biker = a person who rides a motorcycle.
Motorcyclist = a person who rides a motorcycle.
Rider = a person who rides a motorcycle.

You're obviously new here. This gets brought up a couple times a year with no resolution.
It is what you think it is!
A couple times a year? Man, you musta missed a few threads...this thing gets beat to death much more frequently than that. Hell, that dead horse can't even tell it's being beaten anymore...err...I guess "dead" horses can't feel anything...but...err...aw hell, ya know what I mean.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master

Don't think I'm defined by anyone's labels.

Quick Reply: Are you a biker or a motorcyclist.