The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you a biker or a motorcyclist.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:08 PM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by desert drifter
The way I see it is a biker is a man/woman who uses their bike on a day to day basis even to get milk or newspaper, and then will take a daily or more than five or six times a week ride out, and will do long ride outs over the year.

I don't believe in a riding season, any day, any week, any month is a riding day.

A motorcyclist is a man/woman who will only use the bike in fair weather and the so called “riding season” or use their bike for work and or just pose, the sort of people who advertise a bike for sale after they have had it for two years or so and are proud of the fact it has only done 500 dry riding miles.

I'm not judging anyone here, I don't care what you ride or how big the engine is as long as you ride just interested in what others think.

i ride to the local bar once a day. and on weekends I ride over to your house to bang your wife. Am I a biker?
(just kidding)

I ride when i feel like it and dont care what anyone else thinks.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:12 PM
desert drifter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbuffalo750
You don't say where you're from? I live in Duluth, MN. There is definitely a riding season, lol. BUT, when it is above freezing, my bike is my main mode of transportation. I ride to work every day unless it's raining, I can't be soaking wet while I help customers of course. I don't go ride just to ride very often, I'm too poor for that right now, lol. I guess I'm not a big fan of labels, call me what you wanna call me.
I'm in Ireland and ride all year round, yes riding rain aint good but at times cant be helped, and i know about riding -1 Centigrade 30F, yea maybe stupid but if i didnt i would only be able to ride a few months a year and you get used to the cold, when summer comes it is heaven....even on a so called cold day after the winter...

Like i said not judging anyone, just interested in what people think

Last edited by desert drifter; 06-07-2010 at 01:14 PM.
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In the scheme of things thats not important ..... its all bullshit anyway ........ what is important is that i am still alive to feel alive every time i ride my bike

Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a biker/motorcyclist/rider!

Biker = a person who rides a motorcycle.
Motorcyclist = a person who rides a motorcycle.
Rider = a person who rides a motorcycle.

You're obviously new here. This gets brought up a couple times a year with no resolution.
It is what you think it is!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

"Biker" and "Motorcyclist" are just labels that mean different things to different people.

Some people consider anyone that owns a motorcycle to be a 'biker', others don't consider anyone to be a 'biker' unless they are a full patched member of a Traditional MC.

Pretty big extreme there.

Who cares what a person considers themselves to be (or what others thing they might be) as long as they enjoy their ride as often as possible....

That being said, I've owned and ridden nothing but Harley's for over 40 years. I consider myself to be a long time 'poser'.

Last edited by OldFenderGuy; 06-07-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
desert drifter
Cruiser
Smile

Originally Posted by junior07
i ride to the local bar once a day. and on weekends I ride over to your house to bang your wife. Am I a biker?
(just kidding)

I ride when i feel like it and dont care what anyone else thinks.

Hey you can ride her all you want if i can ride your bike.....!!!!

good reply........

Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
2grouse
Advanced

The delfwagos (sp) thought they were real bikers too.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

I'm both. I ride my bike a lot for various things. Short trips down to the market for a couple of things, run out to lunch or dinner on a nice afternoon or evening, I usually ride it to work several times a month, and I try and do at least one trip per year of 3,000 miles or more and whenever I can take a "local" ride of up to 400 miles in a day. I don't mind getting caught in and riding in the rain, riding before the sun's up, or after dark, but I won't start out in the rain, unless I have to on a trip. I like to keep my bike clean and well-maintained, but I don't need or want anymore accessories on it than it already has. It doesn't need after market pipes, AC, cams, chrome, wire wheels and white wall tires, or whatever. It's perfectly serviceable and capable in it's stock configuration. It's a recreational vehicle for getting me from point A to point B on adventures that I might have already done before in a car or are brand new to me. It'll certainly never be my "daily driver" but when I'm in the mood for it it's great to hop on and ride off somewhere.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,353 Likes on 22,641 Posts

Old 06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
waterbuffalo750
Intermediate

Originally Posted by desert drifter
I'm in Ireland and ride all year round, yes riding rain aint good but at times cant be helped, and i know about riding -1 Centigrade 30F, yea maybe stupid but if i didnt i would only be able to ride a few months a year and you get used to the cold, when summer comes it is heaven....even on a so called cold day after the winter...

Like i said not judging anyone, just interested in what people think
hahahahahaha, dude, don't come here talking about people being less of a biker for not riding all year long. Your "winter" is 30 degrees fahrenheit?? Try -20 degrees F and a few feet of snow. That is a full 50 degrees less than you have. So let me put it like this... add 50 degrees to my winter, and I am sitting at 30. Add 50 degrees to your winter, you're sitting at 80.

Quick Reply: Are you a biker or a motorcyclist.