The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about tipping...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find if u tip to much u usualy fall over

O wrong post

I usualy tip good because that is the pay check
even if its bad service i still tip a good amount they may of had a bad table while they are also weighting on u seen it hapen
and table that gave her a bad time leaves with out a tipping at all

Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
hey, hitler, when are you taking me out to dinner?

Old 06-10-2010, 07:46 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Tips

This tipping thing is all out of whack. Some of these waitress think its a given and forget its for service. Ill start with a 15 to 20% tip and deduct from that depending on how the service was. If its real bad ill leave a few cents just so they do not think i forgot. I go to dunkin donuts every day for coffee and i do tip a bit just change. At Christmas time i give the regular gals who survived the whole year and know how i like my coffee an envelope with a twenty in it usually about three or four girls .I have been doing this for about five years now and its nice that when i come in they get my coffee with out me even asking.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Wingnut51
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most guides say 15-18% is normal for tips. My daughter was a waitress in a sports bar when she went to college so I've heard all about how servers are overworked and under-appreciated. Therefore I'm probably overly generous with tips and usually leave around 20% or more. An extra buck or so won't make any difference to me but it means a lot to some poor kid working his/her way through college. It's very rare when I get truly bad service and even then I usually give the server the benefit of the doubt and leave at least 10%. I seldom escalate things to the manager unless the server was a genuine unrepentant bitch.
I've found that the best way to insure good service is to show a little interest in the server right away. Ask how he/she is doing today and chat a little if they have time. A little kindness and respect is almost always reciprocated.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Bluegrasser
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20% for sit-down service
Couple bucks for delivery
No tip for carry-out, fast food, and lap dances

Old 06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Zenmervolt
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Have to agree with what others have said. Tip for sit-down, delivery, and bartenders, but not when I pick up the food on my own.

I generally tip about 20% if the service was good and would typically tip $5 for delivery folks when I lived in the city. Being out in the boonies now I should probably up that a bit (if I ever find anywhere that will deliver this far out). In places where I'm a regular, I tip at least 30%. I want to make sure they're happy to see me come in.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:30 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best tip I ever got : Don't look directly at the sun.