The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about tipping...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 PM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's another tip, don't eat yellow snow....

Old 06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lardog666
Nice sit down places I tip 12 - 15%. Delivery (Pizza, Chinese, ect) I shoot for 20%... I have found that being a regular & tipping heavy gets my food delivered fast. REAL FAST! It pays to develope a relationship the delivery guys (& gals).
amen to that.

i always knew the names and addresses that were gonna give me a 5 or 10 dollar tip.

grabbed their orders pretty much as they came out of the oven and hopped in my car.

the bitch that used to tip $1.47 in loose change...well i might have dropped her pizza once or twice.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:44 PM
waterbuffalo750
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about bars? Everyone tips their bartender, right? I bartend at a bowling alley. We have a bowling alley side and a resaurant side, both with bars. People will tip the bartender at the restaurant side bartenders quite well, then the same guy will come to the bar on the bowling alley side and tip MUCH less. For the same drink, and at least as good of service....

Old 06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by trmac
That's one of the good things about Japan - NO tipping and they bend over backwards to give great service. Regular service here beats the hell out of any I've ever seen in the States.
there's alot about the Japanese culture that's pretty cool.......would love to find me a cute little Japanese bride

Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by toastman
amen to that.

i always knew the names and addresses that were gonna give me a 5 or 10 dollar tip.

grabbed their orders pretty much as they came out of the oven and hopped in my car.

the bitch that used to tip $1.47 in loose change...well i might have dropped her pizza once or twice.
lol...I have done that...see a regular good tipping address and right out of the oven to their door....even if another less gratuitous order came first I would hit the good address first..

I even had the occasional chick answer the door in see through nighties.....and "tip" me
those orders usually came in at the end of my shifts.......thank god

Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Tipping is not a city in China"...I saw that on a tip jar once and got a good chuckle. It's true though, you always see tip jars in places where people don't deserve a tip. Starbucks is a prime example. If you're going to charge exorbitant prices for your product, then I assume the tip is included in that price.

TIPS = To insure prompt service

If you don't receive prompt service...don't tip. It's really that simple.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:07 PM
CheGuevara
Cruiser

Originally Posted by waterbuffalo750
What about bars? Everyone tips their bartender, right? I bartend at a bowling alley. We have a bowling alley side and a resaurant side, both with bars. People will tip the bartender at the restaurant side bartenders quite well, then the same guy will come to the bar on the bowling alley side and tip MUCH less. For the same drink, and at least as good of service....
I sorta have a pet peeve with this too. I understand tipping a restaurant waitress 15-20% on waiting my table, but why should I tip a bartender a dollar or two on a 4 dollar drink? that's more of a percentage than tipping a waitress who busts her butt to please me. All the bartender has to do is open the bottle and give it to me...

I definitely tip if the bar is full (Don't want them not to serve me again because I didn't tip)

Old 06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frogg
Waitress get 15% if excellent service and any flub up I start deducting from that.
Sometimes I have added to the 15%, but not very many.
Delivery Guys gets a couple Bucks.
Pick-up and Fast Food get Nada/Zero/Zilch. (Basically the same)
+1....... but I will toss my pennies into the "need one take one" jar if there is one

Old 06-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Chicago Bob
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't tip if I have a carry-out and I never leave tips in those tip jars like at bagel shops. Otherwise, I leave decent tips, better ones depending on the service.

One exception. Going to sports bars lately to watch the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup. I'll be there for a few hours, so I give the gal a nice tip based on the amount of time I was on there and not on the amount of the check.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

2 times in my life I have had waiters walk up and say "Hello ladies"...They didn't get a penny from me.
One of those places, the waiter recognized me a week later and told his friends I didn't tip. Funny thing is, my wife and I were going there every Sunday after church. After the 3rd week of lousy service, My wife and I had some girl who gave great service...I left her a 50% tip and I hung around...She went straight to those guys and rubbed it in their noses! Then I went to them and explained why they didn't get crap. Then I went to the manager. The following week it was YESSIR....I didn't go there anymore because we started going elsewhere. In less than a year that place was closed.

When I eat out and my glass is empty, I place it on the edge of the table...I expect it to be refilled within a couple of minutes. If I finish my meal and it is still empty I ask for the manager and complain...That is very UNsatsfactory service. They get No tip, and I tell the manager I will NOT be back.
If I have average service I give 15, If I get great service they get 20. If it sucks...they get nuthin from me.

Quick Reply: Question about tipping...