The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me understand 1% MC

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:11 PM
waterbuffalo750
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
Kinda my point. I ride because I enjoy it and don't understand this game you are talking about. Also hard to play if you don't know the rules. That was the intent of the original post...understanding these rules that many of you live or abide by in regards to these folks.

I'm not trying to cause trouble or put anyones panties in a bunch. I truly want to know more since I have ust recently started to notice these folks in my area. thats all.
If I see someone wearing a patch, I mostly see a fellow biker. I'll walk by, say "hi," or "nice bike" if applicable. I don't go out of my way to either start or avoid a conversation.

Just don't start/join a MC with a 3 piece patch. From what I understand, a Riding Club is fine, just clearly label your patch as such, if you're in to that kind of thing.

Last year, it was all over the news that the Angels were coming through town on their way to Sturgis. They came in, stimulated the economy a bit, and left, with no incidents at all. And I know for a fact this is the territory of a rival club... Outlaws maybe?

Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 PM
tattoowho
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CruzinLow
I find it difficult to understand the 1%er lifestyle myself.

Is being a submissive, misogynistic troglodyte, in desperate need of an identity, and whose greatest accomplishment in life will occur when a group of his so-called "brothers" urinates upon him while he is lying prone in the dirt really such a great thing?

Enigmatic, to say the least...

Making good use of the new theasuarsas I see.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:47 PM
chromedome09
Road Master

Sometimes I wonder if this guy....

International Association of Undercover Officers
Traincops.com
Presents
Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Investigations
From the Inside - Combating Biker Gangs
A five day (36 hour) training program for law enforcement officers, prosecutors, corrections personnel and criminal analysts addressing the problems and pitfalls of investigations of Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs.
The instructors, have managed, supervised or directly participated in investigations of Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs throughout the United States. The investigative techniques they used will be presented. Also, the many pitfalls and mistakes they made will be graphically demonstrated.
Due to the sensitive nature of the training program and threats of physical harm to some of the speakers, the exact location of the training program will only be revealed to those who register. Special security will be maintained and only certified law enforcement officers with proper identification will be admitted.
This is an annual training course and other than the Biker 101 course presented, all other material will be different than the previous Conferences.
March 2 - 6, 2009 Orlando, FL
Instructors
Steve Cook Detective with the Independence, Missouri Police Department. He has been a police officer for fifteen years, with over six and a half years experience at the drug task force and has completed assignments with the DEA Clandestine Laboratory Enforcement Team and the FBI Violent Crime Gang Task Force. Steve is a nationally recognized expert in the area of Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs and is the current President of the Midwest Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Investigators Association and current Vice President of the International Association of Undercover Officers. Steve has provided training to numerous agencies on run enforcement and has been on law enforcement details for four Hells Angels USA Runs. Steve has successfully prosecuted members of the Hells Angels, Sons of Silence, El Forastero, and Galloping Goose motorcycle gangs for methamphetamine and firearms charges and has appeared on the History Channel’s “Gangland” series and has been featured in several news publications regarding Outlaw Motorcycle Gang activity throughout the United States.

Isn't the guy starting all these threads just to get a better lock on things.. hmmmm? maybe I'm being paranoid ..but I wouldn't put it past him.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:45 PM
RiverWolf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Big_Al47
Don't deal guns in Charming

Old 06-11-2010, 06:47 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big_Al47
Don't deal guns in Charming

Can't believe it took 4 pages before the SOA got involved.

Basically, stay away from guys in white skate shoes and Ness fairings on their Dyna.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:51 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you really had to ask, you're doomed.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:07 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
+1

Old 06-12-2010, 02:19 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a couple of my patches that I intend on wearing to Sturgis this year. Enjoy.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:51 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,079 Likes on 22,573 Posts

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
There is alot of chatter on this board about 1%ers and Mc and such. Help me understand.
Are we supposed to be afraid of these guys?
Can we not wave or say hello?
Can we not wear what we want?
Can we not ride where we want?

If they don't like my vest - what will they "supposedly" do to me?

Geez. Ride along and let me do the same. we'll get along fine.

I've seen some Bandidos recently riding in DFW (metrics) and one at Wally's shopping yesterday. I was in "car clothes" and he didn't look "friendly". I just kept on keepin' on.
Ya think?
Next time ya see those Bandido's just walk up to em' and ask em' all these questions, I'm sure that they';; oblige ya'!!

Old 06-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1% HMMMM They are a club that think they rule the area they are located in. They can not fight battles singly and need to have atleast 3 of their members against a single person. The only time they will take on someone 1 on 1 is if they have a weapon in hand or at the ready.

If they don't like someone or something then they are well known to sneak up on you when you are not looking.

They think that they are the only ones that are allowed to wear a patch and rocker setup because they have earned it. LMFAO on that one.

Wear what you want. If you are worried about the big bad 1% then just get a firearm and practice to use it properly. Never turn your back on them.

People need to quit being so affraid of these motorcycle "CLUBS"!!!!!

Quick Reply: Help me understand 1% MC