The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me understand 1% MC

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Met some dudes on bikes and some had the 1% patch on their vests. Got invited to their table for a few brews and BS. Nice guys. Good company. Lotsa laughs. Respect, brothers. That's all it takes. Don't puff up yourself.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 PM
CruzinLow
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sonoffatboy
yes you would.... you being the quintessential pipe smoking tire kicking volvo driver...
Maybe, but you don't know what I got in that pipe...
And, BTW, it's an F-150, not a Volvo.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:45 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CruzinLow
I find it difficult to understand the 1%er lifestyle myself.

Is being a submissive, misogynistic troglodyte, in desperate need of an identity, and whose greatest accomplishment in life will occur when a group of his so-called "brothers" urinates upon him while he is lying prone in the dirt really such a great thing?

Enigmatic, to say the least...

Remember the old David Mann centerfold?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
Help me understand.
Are we supposed to be afraid of these guys?
Can we not wave or say hello?
Can we not wear what we want?
Can we not ride where we want?

If they don't like my vest - what will they "supposedly" do to me?
To answer your questions:

Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Nothing

Old 06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1%'ers, are what in the English language are called, People. They live a lifestyle that not a lot of people understand, but once again, they are just people.

The ONE thing that they will defend, sometimes to the death, is Respect for their Club, and their COLORS. Whether it be Red and White, Black and White, Red and Gold or whatever. Basically it boils down to "You Respect Me and I`ll Respect You". If you see fit to disrespect a Member, the Club, or their Colors, or to duplicate their COLORS with your own Patch, known as a 3 Piece Patch, then they also have solutions for that, usually not pleasant. Remember, they are not real big on "Discussing the Problem and coming to an Amicable Solution to the problem agreeable to Both parties". For them, their way is the ONLY way. And you have to remember that the law, for the most part, isn`t a factor as to how they go about solving the problem.

Many Wannabe "Billy Bad Asses" have had their "Asses" handed to them because they chose to play John Wayne in the wrong situation with a Club.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sonoffatboy
yes you would.... you being the quintessential pipe smoking tire kicking volvo driver...
Hey I like my volvo dammit.

To the OP, Seriously all the paranoia about 1%'s, criminal element is pretty damn funny. Like it has been said treat people the way you expect to be treated.
**** someone off get ready to throw down.
I hope over your years you figure out it's not the ones you see that you have to worry about it's the ones you don't see.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:06 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yankeeflyer72
1%'ers, are what in the English language are called, People. They live a lifestyle that not a lot of people understand, but once again, they are just people.

The ONE thing that they will defend, sometimes to the death, is Respect for their Club, and their COLORS. Whether it be Red and White, Black and White, Red and Gold or whatever. Basically it boils down to "You Respect Me and I`ll Respect You". If you see fit to disrespect a Member, the Club, or their Colors, or to duplicate their COLORS with your own Patch, known as a 3 Piece Patch, then they also have solutions for that, usually not pleasant. Remember, they are not real big on "Discussing the Problem and coming to an Amicable Solution to the problem agreeable to Both parties". For them, their way is the ONLY way. And you have to remember that the law, for the most part, isn`t a factor as to how they go about solving the problem.

Many Wannabe "Billy Bad Asses" have had their "Asses" handed to them because they chose to play John Wayne in the wrong situation with a Club.
Isn't that what I just said???...only I think you said it to the OP's satisfaction.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:07 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CruzinLow
I find it difficult to understand the 1%er lifestyle myself.

Is being a submissive, misogynistic troglodyte, in desperate need of an identity, and whose greatest accomplishment in life will occur when a group of his so-called "brothers" urinates upon him while he is lying prone in the dirt really such a great thing?

Enigmatic, to say the least...
man some people really are that ignorant, or read/watch to much "made to sell" fiction

pass the popcorn

Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Weed's Ironscoot
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
Damn, y'all are touchy today.

No - I've never been "bothered" by one. Never even really "encountered" one.I've read the threads and all I can get out of it is that they are in control of your worlds when you are on the streets in your area. I don't roll that way.

I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to, but from what I read here I have to be on my best behavior around one. If anyone tells me to cover a patch, they can kiss the batch on my ***.

My basic question here is to find out why it is what it is when I eventually DO end up face to face with one. If they are like most inner city gang bangers then it will be an interesting experience, I'm sure.

Just tryin' to understand. Sorry to bother and force you to read a post you didn't want to read. Geez. Carry on.

and/or by reading one of the many other threads on the same subject.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:14 PM
sonoffatboy
Tourer
Cool

Originally Posted by BBStacker
Hey I like my volvo dammit.

To the OP, Seriously all the paranoia about 1%'s, criminal element is pretty damn funny. Like it has been said treat people the way you expect to be treated.
**** someone off get ready to throw down.
I hope over your years you figure out it's not the ones you see that you have to worry about it's the ones you don't see.
....well said...

and i shall not knock your ride..(volvo)....as long as its not 4 door..

Quick Reply: Help me understand 1% MC