The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me understand 1% MC

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:28 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, y'all are touchy today.

No - I've never been "bothered" by one. Never even really "encountered" one.I've read the threads and all I can get out of it is that they are in control of your worlds when you are on the streets in your area. I don't roll that way.

I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to, but from what I read here I have to be on my best behavior around one. If anyone tells me to cover a patch, they can kiss the batch on my ***.

My basic question here is to find out why it is what it is when I eventually DO end up face to face with one. If they are like most inner city gang bangers then it will be an interesting experience, I'm sure.

Just tryin' to understand. Sorry to bother and force you to read a post you didn't want to read. Geez. Carry on.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
There is alot of chatter on this board about 1%ers and Mc and such. Help me understand.
Are we supposed to be afraid of these guys?
Can we not wave or say hello?
Can we not wear what we want?
Can we not ride where we want?

If they don't like my vest - what will they "supposedly" do to me?

Geez. Ride along and let me do the same. we'll get along fine.

I've seen some Bandidos recently riding in DFW (metrics) and one at Wally's shopping yesterday. I was in "car clothes" and he didn't look "friendly". I just kept on keepin' on.
Wave, don't wave. Wear whatever you want. Go wherever you want. Supposedly you are an adult, so make your own choices. Be aware, however, that some choices may have stiff consequences. If you wanna play the game, you better know the rules.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:30 PM
sbryant
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grimm
This is gonna get entertaining. anybody else want some? ...
I "want some" of what you got in your sig pic please....

Old 06-03-2010, 01:34 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Wave, don't wave. Wear whatever you want. Go wherever you want. Supposedly you are an adult, so make your own choices. Be aware, however, that some choices may have stiff consequences. If you wanna play the game, you better know the rules.
Kinda my point. I ride because I enjoy it and don't understand this game you are talking about. Also hard to play if you don't know the rules. That was the intent of the original post...understanding these rules that many of you live or abide by in regards to these folks.

I'm not trying to cause trouble or put anyones panties in a bunch. I truly want to know more since I have ust recently started to notice these folks in my area. thats all.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 PM
sbryant
Tourer

Originally Posted by CruzinLow
I find it difficult to understand the 1%er lifestyle myself.

Is being a submissive, misogynistic troglodyte, in desperate need of an identity, and whose greatest accomplishment in life will occur when a group of his so-called "brothers" urinates upon him while he is lying prone in the dirt really such a great thing?

Enigmatic, to say the least...
I only understand 1% of the that phrase

Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is what it is. Use the internet. Read up on it. Rules are simple. Respect and if you aren't a member--you aren't. If they want to talk to you they will. If you need to talk to them--show them the courtesy of respect. There are different types of clubs--with different levels of commitment and they all have an agenda. My rule of thumb is that I do not mix with them. They usually stay to themselves.

Last edited by oldairboater; 06-03-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 PM
sonoffatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

yes you would.... you being the quintessential pipe smoking tire kicking volvo driver...

Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Come around with a chip on your shoulder and I'm sure someone will knock it off for you.
Respect generally gets you respect in return.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 PM
bullseye
Road Captain

Try stopping by the Scorpion club house over in Garland and saying hello. Bunch on nice guys and many I call friends. They'll explain it to ya.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is being a submissive, misogynistic troglodyte, in desperate need of an identity, and whose greatest accomplishment in life will occur when a group of his so-called "brothers" urinates upon him while he is lying prone in the dirt really such a great thing?

Enigmatic, to say the least...
where did you hear about this dumb **** happening?

Quick Reply: Help me understand 1% MC