The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me understand 1% MC

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:05 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by u wish u could ride
the wife and i riding my hayabusa, split a group of H.A riders . I though o **** for a second.tapped the brake put the sorry hand up .later on they caught up to us at a hang out, but never said anything. SO NIETHER DID I LOL

You missed the hurt bumps because most likely something else was on their minds and somebody doing something that stupid looked like a setup from where they were sitting , fact that you didn't get even get a passing comment makes that one plain . You got your one time free pass .

Old 12-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Denny69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hamburglar
You are a lucky bastard. ignorance is not bliss
+1 could have got intense.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Hamburglar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could have. you are right

Old 12-06-2010, 03:10 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

They are not all created equal.Like any group of people they cover the spectum good to bad at least from my neck of the woods.Why try and understand them,there enough people not wearing that are pretty unusual.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
u wish u could ride
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
You missed the hurt bumps because most likely something else was on their minds and somebody doing something that stupid looked like a setup from where they were sitting , fact that you didn't get even get a passing comment makes that one plain . You got your one time free pass .
yes AGREED ive been riding along time and know the rules of the road believe me i was getting out of there as soon as i could slip out.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
u wish u could ride
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WESeib
This.

You're lucky, that is disrespectful as hell and could have only been done intentionally.
Your local HOG chapter would have probably kicked your ***.

club.
yes i was going very fast and it was done with no reguard for the slower bikes!and yes i did **** a brick when they pulled in the parking lot.no excusses just telling what happened.....

Old 12-07-2010, 02:04 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T-Dub
Not really typical. Talking tough on the interwebs is weak at best.

Last time I ran into a 1%'er, I was respectful and he was too.

On the way to Sturgis and stopped at Newcastle for gas and a red-bull. I was admiring his bike that was 1%'ered out. (stickers, etc.) and I saw one on the back that caught my eye. It said, "Bad Influence". He comes out of the store and says, "How ya doin'?" I said, "Good, just checking out the bike and saw that sticker. I was going to have that phrase tatted on my outer forearm. Guess I should re-think that now since I saw that." He laughed and said, "Nah, go ahead and get it. Just change the colors and the font, and you will be fine." We chatted a bit, and when the rest of his crew came out of the store, he tells me to be safe and have fun as he starts his bike and rides out. I was pretty impressed with that. Nice guys.

I ran into several more while in Sturgis and on the way back. I never had a problem with any of them, course, I wasn't looking to either.

It cracks me up that some folks around here seem to think that even the sight of a 1%'er or patched member is an automatic confrontation. How are they any different than anyone else? Be nice to anyone and expect the same in return. Maybe not 'nice', but at least respectful and civil. I have had several interactions with patched members and have never had a negative experience either in uniform or not. I dunno, seems like the reputations and 'Gangland' have a lot of people freaked out.

A Cop with a Brain... whoa

Old 12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

I don't understand the stigma, unless it's from all of the media hype. The local MC guys I have met, talked with, and had beers with are just regular bikers. They don't harass anybody or otherwise mess with anyone who doesn't deserve it. Just like the rest of us non MC guys. They aren't going to get very many hang arounds or prospects if they **** everybody off for no reason.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:35 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Sorrel
I don't understand the stigma, unless it's from all of the media hype. The local MC guys I have met, talked with, and had beers with are just regular bikers. They don't harass anybody or otherwise mess with anyone who doesn't deserve it. Just like the rest of us non MC guys. They aren't going to get very many hang arounds or prospects if they **** everybody off for no reason.
Considering what gets posted, you'd think you'd be better off shooting every !%r you seen, before they shot or kicked the crap out of you because you looked in the same direction they did.

I don't see a lot of them lately, but in the last 40+ years never had any problem with them or felt I had to tip toe around them.
A bit of common courtesy always goes a long way.

Are those you should watch out for, I imagine there are, but raising hell in a small town bar in northern Minn can get you into a lot of trouble also.

Al

Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Hamburglar
Tourer

Independents also dont walk around with the attitude that a lot of people do here either.

Quick Reply: Help me understand 1% MC