The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me understand 1% MC

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,099 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
Well, now that this post is drug up from the basement...

I have approached and talked to several 1%ers, i have even approached a club president and we stood and talked bikes for an hour. I lived, imagine that, no beating, no stabbing, he must have been having an off day.
Funny **** there/

Old 12-05-2010, 04:51 AM
09Classicman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not affiliated with any club or group, mainly because I can't stand most people in general. Last summer the OL and I were stopped at a lakeside park in northern Ohio, near Cleveland, just walking along the beach and enjoying the sites. We mosey back up to the bike and we see another bike pull into the same space our bike is parked, the parking lot was packed. It was a big enough space for 2 bikes and I had left enough room so it was really no big deal. Turns out the fellow has a HA patch on his vest from Cleveland. We both say nice bike to each other and I ask him if he wants to wait a second I'll pull out so he can have the whole space and get his bike away from the car he was parked close to. He said, yeah that's cool, but hang on a second. He gets in his saddlebag and gives me a flyer and an invite to their annual summer party that was coming up in a few weeks. In the late eighties I partied with a some HA's in San Bernadino, a couple of cousins and friends of a friend while I was on leave from the Army, and I'm still here to talk about it. The media types like to hype whatever stories they can to make things seem far worse than they really are because afterall, bad news sells and if they can't find any real bad news, they'll just make it up.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,099 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Originally Posted by 09Classicman
I am not affiliated with any club or group, mainly because I can't stand most people in general. Last summer the OL and I were stopped at a lakeside park in northern Ohio, near Cleveland, just walking along the beach and enjoying the sites. We mosey back up to the bike and we see another bike pull into the same space our bike is parked, the parking lot was packed. It was a big enough space for 2 bikes and I had left enough room so it was really no big deal. Turns out the fellow has a HA patch on his vest from Cleveland. We both say nice bike to each other and I ask him if he wants to wait a second I'll pull out so he can have the whole space and get his bike away from the car he was parked close to. He said, yeah that's cool, but hang on a second. He gets in his saddlebag and gives me a flyer and an invite to their annual summer party that was coming up in a few weeks. In the late eighties I partied with a some HA's in San Bernadino, a couple of cousins and friends of a friend while I was on leave from the Army, and I'm still here to talk about it. The media types like to hype whatever stories they can to make things seem far worse than they really are because afterall, bad news sells and if they can't find any real bad news, they'll just make it up.
Growing up there was a 1%er MC gang in the area where i kived in Eastern Canada and we went to their club house to party a lot...The HA would come down from Montreal some times and would party too..The Prez would just tell us, We have some Friends coming from out of town and just behave and you'll be fine or if you can't behave just stay home and come back next week. Respect is a 2 way road.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:50 AM
u wish u could ride
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

the wife and i riding my hayabusa, split a group of H.A riders . I though o **** for a second.tapped the brake put the sorry hand up .later on they caught up to us at a hang out, but never said anything. SO NIETHER DID I LOL

Last edited by u wish u could ride; 12-05-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:31 AM
toby61
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

:icon_ exclaim:

Old 12-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Hamburglar
Tourer

funny how these guys are real people huh?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:58 AM
WESeib
Cruiser

The media types like to hype whatever stories they can
This.

the wife and i riding my hayabusa, split a group of H.A riders
You're lucky, that is disrespectful as hell and could have only been done intentionally.
Your local HOG chapter would have probably kicked your ***.

Growing up there was a 1%er MC gang
club.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use to be a 1%er but later I changed to 2%, it lightens my coffee much better.

Last edited by Daddy-O; 12-06-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Somethin' didn't sound right.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:34 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WESeib
You're lucky, that is disrespectful as hell and could have only been done intentionally.
Your local HOG chapter would have probably kicked your ***.
That's what I was thinking. Heck, some places south of there, lots of people not in clubs would probably kick your *** for being a yankee on a sport bike. Seems like that was a story about the luckiest day of his life, if it was true.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Hamburglar
Tourer

Originally Posted by u wish u could ride
the wife and i riding my hayabusa, split a group of H.A riders . I though o **** for a second.tapped the brake put the sorry hand up .later on they caught up to us at a hang out, but never said anything. SO NIETHER DID I LOL

You are a lucky bastard. ignorance is not bliss

Quick Reply: Help me understand 1% MC