The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Fresheners ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:38 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Air Fresheners ????

Was in Auto Zone last night buying a K&N recharge kit and I walked past the air frehener display, you know, the cardboard cutouts that people hang from rear view mirrors. They had a nice pine scent and I thought, "How nice to be riding down the road with the scent of pine waffing through the air". So, I bought one, took it outside and hung it on my mirror. All the way home, no smell at all! What's up with that? These things work in cars but not motorcycles, that's just discrimination. Before I write to the company and demand my money back plus some sort of settlement, what do you guys who use air fresheners do to get them to work on your bikes?

Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I know I am heading out for a long ride and especialy if warm out I hang one around my neck.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

You know, I think there might be grounds for a class action lawsuit.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:29 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 301 Likes on 230 Posts

I always assumed that they only work in certain places. The only place I see them, is on "the other side of the tracks".

Old 05-21-2010, 08:29 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Was in Auto Zone last night buying a K&N recharge kit and I walked past the air frehener display, you know, the cardboard cutouts that people hang from rear view mirrors. They had a nice pine scent and I thought, "How nice to be riding down the road with the scent of pine waffing through the air". So, I bought one, took it outside and hung it on my mirror. All the way home, no smell at all! What's up with that? These things work in cars but not motorcycles, that's just discrimination. Before I write to the company and demand my money back plus some sort of settlement, what do you guys who use air fresheners do to get them to work on your bikes?
Just add to your tank have that smell on your bike.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:38 AM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe you could hang it on yer mufflers...i think the whole thing would melt on and slowly burn off. That slow burn off might give off that smell that was advertised.
AND I am thinking that the folks behind you would think...hmmmm what a nice pleasant smell....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 05-21-2010, 08:48 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,121 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Ya must have got a dud. ..........Just take it back to Auto Zone and tell the manager what ya did, and ask he/she what the problem is.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:04 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,596 Likes on 6,512 Posts

If you think that's bad, y'know those windshield shade things that fold out to keep the heat from building up?

They don't work worth a damn on Electra-Glides. It's a scam, I tell ya.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:08 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You're supposed to stick it inside your fullface helmet.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you'd be better off with one of those air fresheners they use on Air Conditioning filters. They're stronger. Stick it on your air cleaner. It will suck it thru the engine, and the added heat will make it smell like christmas. But, you may have to make a few u-turns so that you can benefit as much as those riding behind you...

Maybe if you strap a fishing pole to your bike having it stick way out in front, then tie the freshener to the tip? It would put you in the 'wake' of the aroma!

Quick Reply: Air Fresheners ????