The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Pigs Office sues Seattle Police.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:45 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
"all animals are equal , but some animals are more equal than others"

George Orwell from the book Animal Farm
I love that quote, and I have been thinking of it ever since the story of this case broke.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NR4TW
Well I find it lame in the extreme that adults need to form a "club" to riding, and have prospects, and call their girlfriends/wives property. However, if a group of cops wants to hang out together they should NOT mimic the look, customs, and protocols of a gang.

Why don't you address my earlier point? Would you be OK with a group of cops wearing blue bandannas, lacing their British Knights sneakers with blue laces and calling themselves Law Enforcement Crips? Would you be OK with a bunch of cops wearing wife beaters and laces and braces, with crossed hammers tattoos and calling themselves Law Enforcement Skins?
Well, I could be an exception on this board, but generally speaking I don't give a crap what people wear, what color their shoe laces are, what they tattoo on themselves, or what they call themselves.

99% of the time I also don't give a crap what they say or what they think, either.

I occasionally care about what they do, but even that is mostly limited to how it impacts what I do. So the answer to your question is basically "Yeah, I'd be okay with them braiding their hair, wearing nylons and getting roses tattooed on their butts". I seriously don't give a **** one way or the other.

Speaking of evading questions, however, you failed to answer mine: I didn't ask you what they should NOT wear. I asked you what you thought they SHOULD wear. Precisely what do you personally consider to be an "appropriate look" for our hypothetical LEO "poser gang member wannabe's"?

What would you find acceptable that wouldn't trigger all your issues?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:13 AM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't evade your question, you just didn't like my answer. My answer was to wear anything that does not mimic criminal gangs, AND also don't mimic other customs and protocols of criminal gangs.

You are ignoring that the what they are wearing isn't just some odd/eccentric/unusual symbols they are symbols that specifically mimic criminal gangs. The ACT of cops mimicking a gang is an embarrassment to the profession.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
Why not just wear uniform? Better yet walk into the nearest watering hole, stop the music and proclaim your profession to all in attendance.
For what it's worth I agree with you on this one. I don't think LEO clubs should wear their club colors while in a bar, it's the equivalent of wearing your uniform while drinking and I've never done it myself. I have been to restaurants and had a beer with dinner though, I don't consider that the same as hanging in a bar.

As for the group photos, so what? You've never posed for a group photo? It's not like the LEOs are throwing gang signs. It's nothing more than a group of guys who share a profession and a similar mind set.

I could post group photos of my hunting club where we're all dressed in camo holding our rifles looking like a militia group. Would that mean we're emulating the Michigan-based militia group that was charged with conspiring to kill police officers, no.

Well I find it lame in the extreme that adults need to form a "club" to riding, and have prospects, and call their girlfriends/wives property. However, if a group of cops wants to hang out together they should NOT mimic the look, customs, and protocols of a gang.

Why don't you address my earlier point? Would you be OK with a group of cops wearing blue bandannas, lacing their British Knights sneakers with blue laces and calling themselves Law Enforcement Crips? Would you be OK with a bunch of cops wearing wife beaters and laces and braces, with crossed hammers tattoos and calling themselves Law Enforcement Skins?
OMC's don't own the rights to the biker look. There were clubs before them that wore leather and rode motorcycles.

Last edited by Lincoln33; 05-17-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't evade your question, you just didn't like my answer. My answer was to wear anything that does not mimic criminal gangs, AND also don't mimic other customs and protocols of criminal gangs.

You are ignoring that the what they are wearing isn't just some odd/eccentric/unusual symbols they are symbols that specifically mimic criminal gangs. The ACT of cops mimicking a gang is an embarrassment to the profession.
In your opinion... Clearly a lot of professional cops who participate in these LEO motorcycle clubs disagree with you.

I'm not ignoring anything. What they wear doesn't bother me. You're the guy getting escalated over cops wearing 3-piece colors, rockers, etc.

You seem to feel strongly about this issue. That has to be frustrating, because the Iron Brotherhood (and many other LEO motorcycle clubs coast to coast) aren't likely to change their ways. You may want to talk to someone about why their lifestyle matters so much to you. In the meantime, consider switching to decaf.

You're welcome to the last word, but take a look at what these cops do, rather than how they dress. The downside to freedom is that nobody gets to dictate what gangmembers should wear and what cops should wear. You have to tell people apart by how they live their lives.

Ride safe,

Doc

Old 05-17-2010, 02:02 AM
islander08
Advanced

Why is it that Cops can stop a bike club and harrass them for no other reason than wearing cuts? The idea that you are an organized gang because you fly colors is ludicrous when you have LEO clubs doing the same thing. I have seen LEO clubs that don't follow speed limits or stop for lights when running in formation. What makes them special? Why was a LEO hanging out wearing a cut in a bar where HA's and other clubs were obviously hanging out? Sounds to me like he or his club were looking to start some s;'t. I guess everyone was supposed to be scared because he was in a LEO "gang". Maybe that's why they have LEO only clubs.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:08 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

it's NOT the wives and girlfriends that are the property of the member it's the cut itself that belongs to that member...IF yer gonna talk about something at least be accurate

Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep.Yeah, and they are all mimicking the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, and to use your language they are "poser gang member wannabes."I hope the above was clear. The Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Clubs" are an embarrassment to the LE profession because they are in fact mimicking the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs. As I said before they are no different than if a group of cops got together and wore all blue and called themselves Law Enforcement Crips, or wore laces and braces and called themselves Law Enforcement Hammerskins.

Clear enough for you?
I'm not pissed off by freedom. I support everyone's freedom to act like an immature idiot, doesn't mean I have to like it, or make them any less immature or any less an idiot. If you can't see the idiocy of cops running around looking and acting like gang members then you too are exercising the above mentioned freedom.
It looks like you feel anyone that wears a Leather Vest with pins and patches are mimicking the Outlaws, and is "Acting like a Gang Member".

I was on a Motorcycle for as long as I can remember behind my parents. I got my first bike at 10. I rode when I was in the Army and overseas 1973-1977. I rode for a few years after I got out with an Outlaw club. I left the club and rode my motorcycle after I was Sworn In as LEO. I rode for 8 years with a 3 Patch Public Safety Officer Club. (LEO &Fire Fighters). I left the club but still ride. I still ride to Rallies like Sturgus.

I ride how I want because I can. You are free to ride how you want and to think that every LEO should not dresgo to anything that has Outlaw Gangs (Your name, not mine) that attend.

Just remember. Freedom is not free. People like bought and paid to give it to you.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:34 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep.Yeah, and they are all mimicking the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, and to use your language they are "poser gang member wannabes."I hope the above was clear. The Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Clubs" are an embarrassment to the LE profession because they are in fact mimicking the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs. As I said before they are no different than if a group of cops got together and wore all blue and called themselves Law Enforcement Crips, or wore laces and braces and called themselves Law Enforcement Hammerskins.

Clear enough for you?
I'm not pissed off by freedom. I support everyone's freedom to act like an immature idiot, doesn't mean I have to like it, or make them any less immature or any less an idiot. If you can't see the idiocy of cops running around looking and acting like gang members then you too are exercising the above mentioned freedom.
It looks like you feel anyone that wears a Leather Vest with pins and patches are mimicking the Outlaws, and is "Acting like a Gang Member".

I was on a Motorcycle for as long as I can remember behind my parents. I got my first bike at 10. I rode when I was in the Army and overseas 1973-1977. I rode for a few years after I got out with an Outlaw club. I left the club and rode my motorcycle after I was Sworn In as LEO. I rode for 8 years with a 3 Patch Public Safety Officer Club. (LEO & Fire Fighters). I left the club but still ride. I still ride to Rallies like Sturgus.

I ride how I want because I can. You are free to ride how you want and to think that every LEO should not dress or go to anything that has Outlaw Gangs (Your name, not mine) that attend.

Just remember. Freedom is not free. People like me fought and paid to give it to you.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:13 AM
dogcop727
Road Master

Hows this for an LEO club uniform. Can we wear this without pissing off the COC.

Attached Images