The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Pigs Office sues Seattle Police.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:47 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rules in Va are different for cops, even for retirees. A retired cop was in a seafood restaurant and his concealed gun fell out of his waist. It fired when it hit the floor, and the bullet fragments eventually hit about 5 or 7 women. It was a big stink. I wouldn't want to be in the cops shoes. It gets sticky quick. Cops provide prevention from anarchy. For the most part, they are valuable resources. Just one in a while there is one that screws up the reputation for the rest of them. A no-win situation for all involved, IMO.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:48 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Old 05-16-2010, 11:51 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by captaincaveman
there's nothing wrong with carrying and having a few beers, and I don't see a problem with it. I also think it was a justified shooting. My only question is why do cops get the option to defend themselves in bars and the rest of us peasants don't? What makes their lives worth more than ours?
"all animals are equal , but some animals are more equal than others"

George Orwell from the book Animal Farm

Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 AM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Dutch" you missed this one:
http://www.ironbrotherhoodmc.com/10310.jpg

That guy has a 92 on his bandanna for I (9th letter of the alphabet) and B (2nd letter of the alphabet), just like the Hells Angels use the 81 for H and A, and have been doing so for decades. Just like the Warlocks use the 23 (W is the 23rd letter of the alphabet and have been doing so for many years. Now the Iron Brotherhood began in 2006, but the Hells Angels and Warlocks have been using the 81 and 23 long before the Iron Brotherhood even existed.

But I'm sure it won't be long before a member of a Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Club" will come along and try to say they aren't emulating the the OMGs. Despite the fact that they have adopted the symbols, customs, and protocols that were firmly established as belonging to the OMGs long before the Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Clubs" came into existence.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:14 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NR4TW
I'm not pissed off by freedom. I support everyone's freedom to act like an immature idiot, doesn't mean I have to like it, or make them any less immature or any less an idiot. If you can't see the idiocy of cops running around looking and acting like gang members then you too are exercising the above mentioned freedom.
Originally Posted by NR4TW
"Dutch" you missed this one:
http://www.ironbrotherhoodmc.com/10310.jpg

That guy has a 92 on his bandanna for I (9th letter of the alphabet) and B (2nd letter of the alphabet), just like the Hells Angels use the 81 for H and A, and have been doing so for decades. Just like the Warlocks use the 23 (W is the 23rd letter of the alphabet and have been doing so for many years. Now the Iron Brotherhood began in 2006, but the Hells Angels and Warlocks have been using the 81 and 23 long before the Iron Brotherhood even existed.

But I'm sure it won't be long before a member of a Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Club" will come along and try to say they aren't emulating the the OMGs. Despite the fact that they have adopted the symbols, customs, and protocols that were firmly established as belonging to the OMGs long before the Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Clubs" came into existence.
I was getting to that part numbers in place of letters. There is a member of the Iron Brotherhood pictured on the web, I think facebook, or something. He has Tattooed on his triceps the following: 9 on the left and 2 on the right!

Old 05-17-2010, 12:16 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dunno guys,
It doesn't matter what you look like. It matters what u do.
Pretty simple.

If u don't like getting profiled by the po po, then maybe u should think twice before u profile them by how they look on their off time.

I think they are blurring the lines a bit, and probably getting a little too close to the fire unnecessarily by showing up in colors with OMCs in the same bar.
That is just stupid. If u show up where u know there is someone there that probably will have a problem with u and you decide to enter where they are already - well, u get what u get.
Gotta be smarter than that. U would think the LEO wearing colors in a bar where the HAs are could have made a better choice of where to have fun.

Of course, I am sure he did it "for the principle of the thing ..."

Old 05-17-2010, 12:18 AM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
I was getting to that part numbers in place of letters. There is a member of the Iron Brotherhood pictured on the web, I think facebook, or something. He has Tattooed on his triceps the following: 9 on the left and 2 on the right!

Nice. Around where I live that's a habit the various Crip sets have. For example the Tre-Tre Crips often have a 3 on each tricep, the Tre-Deuce Crips have a 3 on one 2 on the other, Tre-Seven Crips . . . well you get the idea.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SloChicken
I dunno guys,
It doesn't matter what you look like. It matters what u do.
Pretty simple.

If u don't like getting profiled by the po po, then maybe u should think twice before u profile them by how they look on their off time.

I think they are blurring the lines a bit, and probably getting a little too close to the fire unnecessarily by showing up in colors with OMCs in the same bar.
That is just stupid. If u show up where u know there is someone there that probably will have a problem with u and you decide to enter where they are already - well, u get what u get.
Gotta be smarter than that. U would think the LEO wearing colors in a bar where the HAs are could have made a better choice of where to have fun.

Of course, I am sure he did it "for the principle of the thing ..."
Why not just wear uniform? Better yet walk into the nearest watering hole, stop the music and proclaim your profession to all in attendance.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

NR4TW,

So what should they look like?

Say a group of LEO like to hang out and ride motorcycles and attend events together in their off-time, what - in your opinion - would be an appropriate 'look' for them?

Blue button-front shirts? Black ties? Maybe leather chaps with strips down the sides?

It would disappoint me if a group of LEO in some sort of a motorcycle club started running meth, or gang-raping runaways, or producing snuff films for fun and profit.

But if they want to wear vests with 3-piece emblems and rockers on them, or patches and bandannas, I'm not seeing the problem that you see.

I'm not seeing that colors make the criminal.

You've made your point and you're entitled to your opinion. I just happen to disagree with you.

But I AM curious as to how you think a motorcycle club formed entirely of police officers OUGHT to dress? What would you like to see them wearing?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 AM
NR4TW
Tourer

Originally Posted by Doc Intrepid
NR4TW,

So what should they look like?

Say a group of LEO like to hang out and ride motorcycles and attend events together in their off-time, what - in your opinion - would be an appropriate 'look' for them?

Blue button-front shirts? Black ties? Maybe leather chaps with strips down the sides?

It would disappoint me if a group of LEO in some sort of a motorcycle club started running meth, or gang-raping runaways, or producing snuff films for fun and profit.

But if they want to wear vests with 3-piece emblems and rockers on them, or patches and bandannas, I'm not seeing the problem that you see.

I'm not seeing that colors make the criminal.

You've made your point and you're entitled to your opinion. I just happen to disagree with you.

But I AM curious as to how you think a motorcycle club formed entirely of police officers OUGHT to dress? What would you like to see them wearing?
Well I find it lame in the extreme that adults need to form a "club" to riding, and have prospects, and call their girlfriends/wives property. However, if a group of cops wants to hang out together they should NOT mimic the look, customs, and protocols of a gang.

Why don't you address my earlier point? Would you be OK with a group of cops wearing blue bandannas, lacing their British Knights sneakers with blue laces and calling themselves Law Enforcement Crips? Would you be OK with a bunch of cops wearing wife beaters and laces and braces, with crossed hammers tattoos and calling themselves Law Enforcement Skins?