The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Pigs Office sues Seattle Police.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 06:40 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by NR4TW
You're missing the point entirely. While the HA had no right to assault him, if he hadn't been been out and about embarrassing himself, his agency, and the LE profession in general, by playing gang member, then he most likely not have had any trouble with the real gang member.

Also, peer pressure is often more effective than official rules. If other officers would apply a little peer pressure to these idiots who disgrace the profession then maybe we would have these Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Clubs." Again, imagine how most officers would react to a LE Crip, LE Sureno, or LE Hammerskin.
I'm confused. I thought the HA's, Mongols, etc... were clubs, not gangs? What's wrong with joining a LE club? (yes, this is sarcasm, couldn't resist)

Old 05-16-2010, 06:46 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I think this subject was previously pretty much beat to chit on this forum. Give it a rest.

Law enforcement officers can, do, and often must carry firearms in bars. And they should.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,342 Likes on 1,518 Posts

The Seattle cop should shut up and color. While his shooting was legally justified, it all could most likely have been avoided if he had simply not gone around emulating a motorcycle gang member. You can be a cop or a gang member, not both. He, and those like him, are an embarrassment to the LE profession. The cops I know all can't stand those idiots in their "cop gangs," and feel they are a huge disgrace.

I have no idea why cops tolerate other cops who run around in a Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Club." Would they tolerate cops wearing blue from head to toe and calling themselves Law Enforcement Crips? Would they tolerate cops wearing SUR 13 tattoos and calling themselves Law Enforcement Surenos? Would they tolerate cops wearing "laces and braces" and calling themselves Law Enforcement Hammerskins? I think not, so why tolerate cops that go out of there way to look and sometimes act like an outlaw motorcycle gang?
Maybe the police want to believe there is safety in numbers (humans have been doing that since the dawn of man). Never seen a Scrap, Crip or Blood infiltrate the police and start their own 'cop gang'. Maybe it is common for your area but then you have some larger problems don't you.

You go to Sturgis more than once (I would recommend HOG rally only for you though since Sturgis might be a bit scary), and you know where Red 'n White go and you know where groups affiliated with the Bandidos go. I do not necessarily think it is prudent or wise to put yourself in harm's way while off duty (except for the defense of me and mine). But there is such a thing as self defense even if you are a police officer (you do not have to take the first bullet).

Old 05-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're missing the point entirely. While the HA had no right to assault him, if he hadn't been been out and about embarrassing himself, his agency, and the LE profession in general, by playing gang member, then he most likely not have had any trouble with the real gang member.

Also, peer pressure is often more effective than official rules. If other officers would apply a little peer pressure to these idiots who disgrace the profession then maybe we would have these Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Clubs." Again, imagine how most officers would react to a LE Crip, LE Sureno, or LE Hammerskin.
So with your line of reasoning "everyone" that joins a Motorcycle Club and wears a vest with colors is a "poser gang member wannabe".

There are a lot of Clubs made up of war vets, fire fighters, medics, Christians, and various other professions that wear the same type of vest and colors as the LEO clubs.

Are they in the same group as the LEOs or do you hold them to a different standard? Just Asking for clarification.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:34 PM
DanD
Road Captain

why couldn't the LEO in question perhaps have observed regular protocols? there are ways of doing things in the 3 piece patch world,and perhaps the whole problem could have been avoided in the first place,if the man had just gone over to the patchholder and introduced himself?He probably didn't know it was a police 3 peice patch.Startin crap with a cop club always leads to trouble and leaves you on the short end of the stick.If you're going to immerse into a subculture,doesn't it make sense to at least follow the customs of said culture?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:32 PM
stovetop0844
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this one officer is just a durnfoolidjiut and he's making everyone else look bad. I personally think there is nothing wrong with an LEO carrying concealed and having a few beers. I know many, many of us do the same. But if he is dumb enough to get drunk enough to do stupid things, maybe he shouldn't be an LEO in the first place.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:50 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

The Seattle cop should shut up and color. While his shooting was legally justified, it all could most likely have been avoided if he had simply not gone around emulating a motorcycle gang member. You can be a cop or a gang member, not both. He, and those like him, are an embarrassment to the LE profession. The cops I know all can't stand those idiots in their "cop gangs," and feel they are a huge disgrace.

I have no idea why cops tolerate other cops who run around in a Law Enforcement Motorcycle "Club." Would they tolerate cops wearing blue from head to toe and calling themselves Law Enforcement Crips? Would they tolerate cops wearing SUR 13 tattoos and calling themselves Law Enforcement Surenos? Would they tolerate cops wearing "laces and braces" and calling themselves Law Enforcement Hammerskins? I think not, so why tolerate cops that go out of there way to look and sometimes act like an outlaw motorcycle gang?

You want to be a cop, AND be in a motorcycle "club" then sack up and do something that takes some real courage like these guys:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...usts27-ON.html
Americas freedoms really **** you off don't they? I mean your freedom to do as you wish is far more important to you than is others isn't it? Noname

Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by stovetop0844
I think this one officer is just a durnfoolidjiut and he's making everyone else look bad. I personally think there is nothing wrong with an LEO carrying concealed and having a few beers. I know many, many of us do the same. But if he is dumb enough to get drunk enough to do stupid things, maybe he shouldn't be an LEO in the first place.
Who said he got drunk and did stupid things? Noname

Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM
captaincaveman
Tourer

Originally Posted by stovetop0844
there's nothing wrong with carrying and having a few beers, and I don't see a problem with it. I also think it was a justified shooting. My only question is why do cops get the option to defend themselves in bars and the rest of us peasants don't? What makes their lives worth more than ours?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:03 PM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts