The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new snobs on the block

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 AM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The new snobs on the block

In the last few weeks, I have observed that a new kind of rider has stolen the Harley Rider's snob crown. These guys are really something. They don't care about you as a motorcycle rider, they won't wave. They'll even make a face "Hey, I don't know who the hell you are, why are you waving at me".

Who are these new snobs of the road ? Can-am Spyder riders :

Careful folks, these guys are the real deal. Don't even try to wave to them, you never know, they might just turn around and catch up to you to give you a beating.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:35 AM
BrianR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's one here at work. I don't know if he waves or not, but I know he parks in the bike parking with the other bikes. From a technology point of view I like them, but I don't think I'd ever ride one. They remind me of the old three-wheeled BMW cars.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

If I had to ride that thing, I would make a ugly face too!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:43 AM
JayinPA
Advanced

Haven't come across any on the road, I thought maybe they were a myth. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them, I'll take off running if I see one. I don't want no trouble from that tough crowd.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:47 AM
taz ride
Road Master

Another reason to wear a full face helmet, you don`t want anyone to know who you are riding that ugly thing.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

I think they are kind of interesting myself.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:02 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianR
There's one here at work. I don't know if he waves or not, but I know he parks in the bike parking with the other bikes. From a technology point of view I like them, but I don't think I'd ever ride one. They remind me of the old three-wheeled BMW cars.
I know those Cam-Am's are being sold through motor sport dealerships. But does that thing really constitute being a motorcycle or actually on the end of motor sport recreational vehicle?

Furthermore, I believe, and this forum will dictate, you have to be on TWO WHEELS to give or receive a wave.....hahhhahhahaa

Old 05-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Arv
Road Captain

Its back to front!!
Hes probably grimmising and fighting with it round corners, aint got time to take a hand off the damn thing and wave....

Old 05-14-2010, 09:13 AM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
I know those Cam-Am's are being sold through motor sport dealerships. But does that thing really constitute being a motorcycle or actually on the end of motor sport recreational vehicle?
Our version of the DMV, the SAAQ, just this year decided that you no longer need a motorcycle license to operate one (or those T-rex things). There has been a huge explosion of them on the road. All you need now is a normal driver's license and a paid lesson.

Guess what was the first promotion offered by dealers ? Buy one, get your lesson for free!

Seriously, a lot of old folks here ride those. With their flipped up modular helmets and their ugly grins. I'm going to stop trying to wave at them before I get my *** handed to me by a cane wielding thug coming out of the old folk's home.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Arv
Its back to front!!
Hes probably grimmising and fighting with it round corners, aint got time to take a hand off the damn thing and wave....
oh yeah!

I rode one for about 10 miles - never again!

Quick Reply: The new snobs on the block