The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirate costume ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:09 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by capnhook
They can be cleaned.
you can't clean out ten years of riding stank and sweat, they don't make detergent strong enough... someone can squat and take a steamer on my sheets and i can clean those too, but no way i ever sleep in them again. would you buy someones used jock after it was "cleaned"?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 PM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
you can't clean out ten years of riding stank and sweat, they don't make detergent strong enough... someone can squat and take a steamer on my sheets and i can clean those too, but no way i ever sleep in them again. would you buy someones used jock after it was "cleaned"?

No I wouldn't and I bought my jacket new, but I don't see buying a used jacket the same as buying used underwear.

Does it bother you to shake peoples hands knowing one third of people don't wash after using the john?

Old 05-08-2010, 08:57 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
off topic but why do dudes buy used motorcycle jackets? the amount of sweat and stink that must be housed in a well worn motorcycle jacket makes my stomach churn at the idea of wearing some other dudes used jacket.
It hadn't been worn in at least 10 years so was well aired out. No smell at all 'cept old leather. And I couldn't pass up a $700 jacket for $100. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 AM
RRobert60
Cruiser

arghhh my dog dresses like a pirate

Attached Thumbnails Pirate costume ?-fire-pirate.jpg  
Old 05-08-2010, 10:36 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTNate
What is a "power ranger" anyway? Anyone who actually wears protective gear on a motorcycle, or someone who specifically is wearing a full leather suit? I haven't seen but a small handful of people wear full race leathers on the street, but every one I've seen can ride like a sonofabitch (although they are way too fast for public roads)
Didja get the answer to your question?
And, just what is it that you ride, Sir Power Ranger?

Personally, if you don't like what I wear, quit freakin' looking at me. I kinda like the semi-pirate look at times. It scares some of women and children.

I only worry about what a couple of people think of the way that I ride, the ones I ride with. Everyone else's opinion doesn't really matter.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:33 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

This guy knows how to do it.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:06 PM
SVTNate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bluegrasser
Whatever they are wearing you can bet that most of it will have Shoei, Arai, Dianese or Alpinestars logos on it. It may not match their bike brand, but don't act like sportbikers don't care about branding and logos.

Look at sportbike and Harley magazines. They both have half nekkid womens (a good thing), customized bikes, and more advertisements for doodads and geejaws to buy than you can shake a stick at.

And yes, as was said above, the general idea that most ATGATT'ed sportbikers can ride like a sonofabitch is just as much hogwash as Harleys being the only true "biker's" bike.
I'm confused... so because a helmet or jacket has a logo on it, that means the owner cares about branding/logos? Some stuff has bigger/more conspicuous logo designs than other stuff, but it all has some sort of logo somewhere. Maybe I don't understand what you're getting at... I don't really hang out with the sportbike crowd.

ATGATT is not the same as one piece suits with knee pucks. When I see someone wearing a helmet, gloves, jacket, and boots, I don't think "that guy can ride"... that's just what a smart person wears while riding a motorcycle. Bad riders, good riders, new riders, experienced riders... that's just being smart and wearing proper gear. But, when I see someone wearing a one piece track suit with knee pucks, yeah, I think "that guy can haul ***" and they always do in my experience - although it's stupid to ride that fast on public roads.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:29 PM
SavannahBob
Tourer

Originally Posted by RRobert60
arghhh my dog dresses like a pirate
I looked at the pic of your dog about an hour ago, and I'm STILL laughing!
Thanks, amigo.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:44 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by SavannahBob
I looked at the pic of your dog about an hour ago, and I'm STILL laughing!
Thanks, amigo.
is pretty damm funny!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 09:04 PM
cqcuster
Intermediate
Default Pirate costume

WTF is this pirate costume people speak of?

Quick Reply: Pirate costume ?