The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirate costume ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skydrifter
The trouble is when the pirate ship comes in all the pirates are at Starbucks and the HD dealership standing around talking about being bikers.
Dammit...foiled again! Arrrggghhh! Waitaminnit...how do you know where the pirates hang? Get off my ship ye scallywag! Hey, I just noticed...I like saying "scallywag"...scallywag scallywag scallywag. Now, where the hell did I put my coffee?...scallywag scallywag scallywag...I need some more caffiene!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
Dammit...foiled again! Arrrggghhh! Waitaminnit...how do you know where the pirates hang? Get off my ship ye scallywag! Hey, I just noticed...I like saying "scallywag"...scallywag scallywag scallywag. Now, where the hell did I put my coffee?...scallywag scallywag scallywag...I need some more caffiene!
bwaaahahahahahaaaa.... thinks mebbe ya better lighten up on the caffiene there cap'n TJ..... arrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:22 AM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ken thompson
Doo-rag + facial hair or unshaven appearance + earrings = pirate.

You forgot the long hair.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

Originally Posted by SVTNate
Leather chaps, vest with a bunch of **** pinned or sewn onto it, doo rag, fingerless gloves, etc. Typically rides on weekends only, boasts about Harley superiority, but often lacks any semblance of riding skill. Can be seen duck-walking his (or her) motorcycle at speeds lower than 10mph with frequency. The pirate gathers with other pirates, typically doing the shortest rides possible so that he can drink and look at/talk about his bike rather than actually ride it.

By my estimation, a good 60-80% of HD riders (at least in SoCal) are pirates. They are the laughing stock of the motorcycle world.
You scurvy dog! 'Taint a duck-walk Cap'n Roo be doin'! It's that wooden hip the sawbones fitted me with (or mebbe 'tis a social d'seez from that there scullery wench).

[Kindly note that th' Roo has always worn pirate boots.]

Last edited by Roosterboots; 05-07-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I did see a guy dressed up completely in his 100% Harley outfit while going to work this week and thought to myself that he did look like he was wearing his pirate outfit. He was riding a 2003 softail anniversary with bags. Had the HD jacket with the big eagle & orange bar & shield on the back, black & orange Hd doo rag, ponytail, beard, shades, HD boots, chaps and fingerless gloves.

I don't think I had ever seen anyone with the entire outfit on until then.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:15 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Pirates be bett'r than scurvy Power Rangers!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
SVTNate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scoteh
Pirates be bett'r than scurvy Power Rangers!
What is a "power ranger" anyway? Anyone who actually wears protective gear on a motorcycle, or someone who specifically is wearing a full leather suit? I haven't seen but a small handful of people wear full race leathers on the street, but every one I've seen can ride like a sonofabitch (although they are way too fast for public roads)

Old 05-07-2010, 12:46 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is a "power ranger" anyway? Anyone who actually wears protective gear on a motorcycle, or someone who specifically is wearing a full leather suit? I haven't seen but a small handful of people wear full race leathers on the street, but every one I've seen can ride like a sonofabitch (although they are way too fast for public roads)
The inference of the power ranger suit is that the rider is a serious racer and can ride the wheels of the bike when in fact most of them can't. It is the sport bike version of the Harley poser we all cackle at.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:46 PM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS6qCcWXL_I

Old 05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Bluegrasser
Road Master

Whatever they are wearing you can bet that most of it will have Shoei, Arai, Dianese or Alpinestars logos on it. It may not match their bike brand, but don't act like sportbikers don't care about branding and logos.

Look at sportbike and Harley magazines. They both have half nekkid womens (a good thing), customized bikes, and more advertisements for doodads and geejaws to buy than you can shake a stick at.

And yes, as was said above, the general idea that most ATGATT'ed sportbikers can ride like a sonofabitch is just as much hogwash as Harleys being the only true "biker's" bike.

Quick Reply: Pirate costume ?