The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirate costume ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The bandana or dew rag does serve a purpose. It keep the big beatles from being embeded in my forehead and also keeps the sun from pealing the skin off on a 400+ mile day.

The buck folding knife is a tool for cutting things that may need to be cut and it can also act as a screw driver or even a small hammer if need be.

The chain on the wallet keeps it from being lost. I have been through that game before and it sucks to have to get replacments for the things that were in the wallet.

Well boots also serve a purpose. I wear them everyday since tennis shoes don't do very well in the enviroments that I find in the trucking and biking world. Sometimes I will just go with the tennis shoes though. Depends on my mood.

The carhart t shirt works well and sometimes I will throw on one of the two HD dealer Tshirts instead. Just depends on what is clean.

Don't own goggles but I do have some wrap around sunglasses that I use for riding.

As for the amount of riding issue, well driving a truck for a living, keeps me from being able to ride the scooter everyday. I do take everychance I get to get on the scooter. Usually that is on the weekends but then when I swing my leg over it it is usually 400-600 miles before I pull back in the driveway. Some of our usual rides take us into the northern Minnesota (Roseau, Baudette) area then we will loop down through the Bemidji area and work our way through the woods towards Detroit Lakes then back across the river into ND and wonder our way up the back roads towards home. Stands up by 10am ish and home well after dark.

I put on just over 5000 on the bike in 09 just over 4 thousand this last summer but then in 09 I only logged a tad over 100K in the truck and this last year I logged just 0ver 130K in the truck.

Attached Thumbnails Pirate costume ?-0807001919.jpg   Pirate costume ?-0821101945a.jpg  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Warpfield
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Maybe it's the big honkin' knife in your teeth. Leave that at home.
Try not to say "Aargh" too much.

I'll give up my Cap'n Morgan when you pry my cold, dead fingers from it though.
Cap'n Morgan? Isn't that stuff only like 60 proof? I'll take my Glenlivit poured neat over that anyday.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:29 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Going for that bad *** gang banger look instead ?
a flannel is a "gang banger" look? what hood are you living in? the saskatchewan bloods decked out in a flannel shirt. a hoody sweatshirt is just a sweatshirt with a hood on it, nothing "gangbanger" about it. i typically wear whatever i have on to go riding and outside of work that's typically a flannel or a hoody a pair of jeans and boots.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:37 PM
jstew
Cruiser

I walked into the bar and was surprised to see a pirate standing there, drinking (of course) a rum and coke. What was surprising was the big steering wheel he had in his pants. Only half of it was above his belt, and my curiosity got the better of me.

"Why do you have a steering wheel in your pants?", I asked.

To which he replied, "Arrrgh It's driving me NUTS!".

Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
fuzzy_math
Cruiser

Originally Posted by babalu
a flannel is a "gang banger" look? what hood are you living in? the saskatchewan bloods decked out in a flannel shirt. a hoody sweatshirt is just a sweatshirt with a hood on it, nothing "gangbanger" about it. i typically wear whatever i have on to go riding and outside of work that's typically a flannel or a hoody a pair of jeans and boots.
I wear a flannel or a hoody a lot out here in the spring. I think TwiZted left out the Converse sneakers (so you can run faster if stopped) for the full gang banger look...

Old 01-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Hamburglar
Tourer

I roll the flannel, dickies, locs, and chucks (maybe work boots). it is what it is